Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the kickstarter and almost pulled the trigger on getting it. Then I look and it has early bird "all gone". I backed out. Why should I pay more just because I saw the advertisement later than someone else. Just sat wrong with me. I will pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
So because of $4 you miss out on a fantastic looking game and a load of KS freebies? OK, thanks for letting everyone know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Early birds are sort of a "reward" for people who have followed the pre-kisckstarter progress of the game. Quite often developers put out the word about a project early to get feedback from potential buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no skin in this game because I don't do KS. I have nothing against KS, but I like to wait until a KS project proves itself so to speak in the traditional publishing world, which is why I'm keeping my eye on this. I also have no problem with early rewards. The project tends to live or die in the infancy period and as such, as early adoption should be rewarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loopstah wrote:
So because of $4 you miss out on a fantastic looking game and a load of KS freebies? OK, thanks for letting everyone know.

+1000
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Herreras
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
In fact you would paying the same as normal (future non-ks backers) buyers BUT getting for free many exclusive bonus which they won't get. A ~10% discount for early birds seems fair to me; as other readers said, it's a reward for knowing about the game beforehand AND usually risking more than someone pledging for a financed game.

The game is already published and sold in gaming stores in Spain but only in spanish (true spanish, not bad latino translations!), thus the ks campaign to fund a professional native english version. It has got endorsements for both historical accuracy and fresh game mechanics; despite owning the base game I might surely back the ks by pledging for the all-expansions pack. A very significant detail is that for once I would have free shipment to Spain... (I understand it probably does not concern any other reader here but for me it means -25 USD and some weeks less waiting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just shy of 64K this game already has a TON of stretchgoals fulfilled, adding another 100+ card, additional scenarios, and other goodies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Mészáros
Hungary
Budaörs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also considered backing this game, but I decided against it for several reasons.

- there was very limited information avaialble about how the game actually plays, and the rulebook wasn't covered everything. There was 0 video reviews or an example of play or a p&p demo.

- I got my copy of Onus from 2GM, and it leaved me with mixed feelings. The components are super (especially the playmat), but I wasn't impressed by the rules. I now call it the game of flanking, as it is easier (and more beneficial) to flank an enemy right in front of you than attack it frontally.

- it feels like a light WW 2 game where cards represent squads, and while it's not completely similar, I already have Spearpoint 1943 EF for that. Currently I don't think I have time for both, and I didn't felt that 2GM tactics have enough interesting mechanics to justify the purchase

- it's just a personal reason, but I also hate if a game is filled to the sky with KS exclusives. It feels like the company tries to force you to buy it early (before reviews) to have any chance to get the complete game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.