The Witcher Adventure Game» Forums » General

Subject: No news at all? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mb
So, did anyone had the chance to ask Ignacy about the future of this game? I was really hoping for some news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Cordovan
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see an expansion. more monsters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Knyazev
Russia
Pyatigorsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And heroes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Future support for this game is pretty much dead. It's a custom license that possibly cost a lot for Fantasy Flight already, it didn't sell all that well and reviews were not great either.

I would have loved expansions for this, especially to get new characters and whatnot, but in many ways by now there are already better options for a game like this out there, despite them not having the great Witcher theme.

If you are interested in a game like this that is getting also support with expansions, check out Runebound 3rd Edition. I actually already think that Runebound is a better game than Witcher is.

That being said, I still have Witcher on my shelf, I like the world a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think a (small) expansion that turned it into a co-op game would help, add a shared goal instead of making it competitive. Trading tokens, player with the lowest score is the team's score etc etc. Something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.