Flick 'em Up!» Forums » General

Subject: Wider Audience Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian N/A
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone comment on the difference in this edition vs original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides it being plastic components rather than wood?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic? Ugg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campbell
United Kingdom
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the plastic edition and it works ok. The only problem I've experienced is when playing on a friend's polished wooden table, where the plastic bullets didn't flick as smoothly as you would expect. Whether that's because it forms a seal between the two surfaces, I couldn't tell, but I suspect you wouldn't get that with wood on wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
The storage area for tokens & dead Cowboys are now individual cards, rather than a box assembly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian N/A
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.Had no idea it was plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the new edition. While I always prefer wood components, the plastic looks good and we had no problems with flicking. I am glad they came out with this version because with the price point more people are going to experience the game (like us.) We enjoyed it a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I have just received this version of Flick em up and it works very well. We have already done two scenarios and there is absolutely no problem with the component, despite that the barrel and the bale of straw are not well designed (I don't own the wood version).
So for me that is a hit for our family specially for my 6 year old son who just want to keep on playing this awesome game
We do like western theme game (we also play Bang the dice game with a two player variant).

So if you don't have the wood version and you want to have fun wihtout paying a lot for it : go for it (I just bought it at 19.00 £ so about 25 euros shipping included, that s a bargain). Looking forward to play the other scenarios.
I just hope that they will release the expansion compatible with this version (stallion and tomawak).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.