GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,740 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Mystic Vale» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion on the way rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Via twitter via reddit:

https://m.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4wx96h/mystic_val...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info - does not look very spectacular, though. I really hope the expansion gets more player interaction into the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now it just seemed like a really run of the mill deckbuilder to me. The novelty of the card crafting was not quite enough to get me interested. Tyrants of the Underdark does a lot more to rejuvenate my interest in that genre of games. Been playing it pretty much non-stop. I might change my mind if the expansion does something neat.

But I am much more interested in the next card crafting game coming down the pipeline from AEG. I am not much into "buy cards so you get a deck that is an even better engine at buying cards" model. I want the card building to actually serve a purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Myers

Missouri
msg tools
mb
Nice, I'm looking forward to it!

XDarkAngelX wrote:
I am not much into "buy cards so you get a deck that is an even better engine at buying cards" model. I want the card building to actually serve a purpose.

I'm guessing you haven't played the game, then, because it's not that. Someone could play like that, sure, but they'd likely lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

Based on symbols alone, this looks interesting. Exactly what I'm looking for: more of the same, more diversity, more risk yielding more reward, encouraging better thought-out card crafting.

I just hope it's more inspired than the expansion's name

Now, will the game be long enough that you can craft a card with three decay symbols but which only counts for one thanks to the 3-cost advancement from the base game? 'cuz we never actually got to use that one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also having abilities in other phases like the Discard power pictured could be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Also having abilities in other phases like the Discard power pictured could be interesting.

I was having trouble figuring out what it does and this could be so powerful in the right card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.