Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Via twitter via reddit:

https://m.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4wx96h/mystic_val...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info - does not look very spectacular, though. I really hope the expansion gets more player interaction into the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now it just seemed like a really run of the mill deckbuilder to me. The novelty of the card crafting was not quite enough to get me interested. Tyrants of the Underdark does a lot more to rejuvenate my interest in that genre of games. Been playing it pretty much non-stop. I might change my mind if the expansion does something neat.

But I am much more interested in the next card crafting game coming down the pipeline from AEG. I am not much into "buy cards so you get a deck that is an even better engine at buying cards" model. I want the card building to actually serve a purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Myers

Missouri
msg tools
mb
Nice, I'm looking forward to it!

XDarkAngelX wrote:
I am not much into "buy cards so you get a deck that is an even better engine at buying cards" model. I want the card building to actually serve a purpose.

I'm guessing you haven't played the game, then, because it's not that. Someone could play like that, sure, but they'd likely lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

Based on symbols alone, this looks interesting. Exactly what I'm looking for: more of the same, more diversity, more risk yielding more reward, encouraging better thought-out card crafting.

I just hope it's more inspired than the expansion's name

Now, will the game be long enough that you can craft a card with three decay symbols but which only counts for one thanks to the 3-cost advancement from the base game? 'cuz we never actually got to use that one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also having abilities in other phases like the Discard power pictured could be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Also having abilities in other phases like the Discard power pictured could be interesting.

I was having trouble figuring out what it does and this could be so powerful in the right card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.