Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in a game yesterday with my wife and son, but I don't remember the name of the quest. Its the one where the reward is to put all 3 buildings into play under your control.

Their question was what to do with the bonus points that those buildings had been accumulating. Apparently there were quite a lot of them. If my son (who completed the quest) DOES get those bonus points also, he wins the game. If not (and they remain there I guess?), then my wife wins.

Please advise. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You take the victory points from any building you acquire from the Builder's Hall, regardless of what method you use to acquire it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a VERY good method to get 'catch-up' VP late in the game as the buildings no one wants will have a serious stack of points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
At most the buildings would have 8 VP each, and that's assuming that nobody ever build a building the whole game, and that would only amount to 24 points. 24 8 points is a lot, but should not be a gamebreaker, since there are several ways of stopping this.

Edit: The quest is

Commerce: Lure Artisans of Mirabar
Requires, Cleric, Warrior, Thief
2 Gold
Reward:
4 VP
and put 1 building from Builder's Hall into play under your control at no cost.

So it's only one free building, and that would at most give 8 VP. The quest itself has a very low ROI, since you pay 4 VPs worth of adventurers and gold, and only get 4 VP in return.

The quest is not overpowered at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wyatt
United States
Stewartstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:

Unless you are the builder..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
FluidSpace wrote:
l-hansen wrote:

Unless you are the builder..

Larissa?

In that case there is another quest which give you a building from the stack, which in addition gives you more points for the quest. Would you call that overpowered as well?

Larissa is only good if the other players let her get all the buildings. She is difficult to win with in a 4-6 players game, especially if the other players are just half competent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.