New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
http://pandasaurusgames.com/wasteland-wednesday-the-one-abou...

Shorter post today but has some more renders of the 3d sculpts.

Video coming later this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Smith
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glad to hear GenCon went well for the Pandasaurus team and also excited to see the playthrough video... but is there any info you can give us on a rulebook for the game? I can't speak for others but I personally can't make a preorder without having at least a WIP rulebook to read through.

Playthrough videos make excellent introduction to the rules of a game, but a playthrough video can't teach you a game as accurately as a rulebook. And even more importantly a rulebook actually gives you a sense of what the game genuinely plays like much better than a video showing people playing a game.

I hope that I don't come off as being demanding or disrespectful, because I am totally grateful for all the info you have shared over this year. Wasteland Wednesdays have become something I look forward to and miss when they don't happen. Everything about this game is something I love. Design from the minds behind Fleet, which is my favorite game. Artwork from one of my favorite comics DMZ and no one read that book for the story. And it is being published by a company I respect because they're attempting a different avenue for both informing and involving their fanbase without using Kickstarter or a P500 model. I can't wait to own and play it... But I do have to wait until I've read a rulebook for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is finished, but not laid out yet. Well, I should say the game is rules complete, but we are still working on editing text for clarity.

That is generally the last bit of game development done as you want to make sure all components are locked before you start putting graphics together for a rulebook.

The issue being, there are a large number of people who see a text based rulebook and will decide the game is nowhere near done when we have already started manufacturing of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I was wondering how the stuff fit into the back of the trucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Smith
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stooge wrote:
The issue being, there are a large number of people who see a text based rulebook and will decide the game is nowhere near done when we have already started manufacturing of the game.

It seems a little bit like putting the cart before the horse. The game is played with components; and the quality/functionality of those bits and boards can contribute to how much we may enjoy the game. Ultimately though, the rules of the game are what drives it and what makes it fun or not. The rules determine if we enjoy a game or not.

I appreciate the speedy response and hope to see some form of rulebook before the preorder window is closed. I also hope you're having a great day, thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.