Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Human rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Slottje
msg tools
mb
Hi,

I am greatly enjoying this game. It's a real treat.
I've got some questions about how the human abilities work.

1) Humans may place control markers on uncontrolled regions. This uncontrolled region may have trog nest or war party tokens on it.
a) Can the human player, on a subsequent turn, build and activate a building in that captured yet trog infested territory?
b) When would combat be initiated between the trogs and humans?

2) When do you remove the activation tokens for artillery and guard towers?
a) Do they persist until after a battle? Or are they removed at the end of the round if unused?
b) The wording on the artillery and guard tower tiles is slightly different, but have similar meaning. Do they behave the same?

Thanks for your answer.
Jeremy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlottjeMonster wrote:
Hi,

1) Humans may place control markers on uncontrolled regions. This uncontrolled region may have trog nest or war party tokens on it.
a) Can the human player, on a subsequent turn, build and activate a building in that captured yet trog infested territory?

a) Do they persist until after a battle? Or are they removed at the end of the round if unused?
b) The wording on the artillery and guard tower tiles is slightly different, but have similar meaning. Do they behave the same?

Thanks for your answer.
Jeremy

My impressions from reading the rules and playing a game last night:

1a: Yes, buildings can be constructed as long as you have control and is not a Combat Region.
1b: No combat will occur until a non-Trog player moves into the zone and combat would be between those players and not necessarily the Human player. If a Trog player enters the site, they will reveal the nest and take control of the region as is was previously unoccupied.

2a: We placed the token(s) on the space until a combat had taken place, then they were removed.
2b: The only difference they appeared to have was in which combat objective they activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Slottje
msg tools
mb
Thanks Jon. I think we followed your interpretation as well. Except for the token objective relationship. I didn't notice that relationship and cheated my poor friends. Ah well, what else are friends for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlottjeMonster wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Jeremy

1. Yes. You must have Units there to have control. Nests/war Parties are not units.

A. Yes. Unless a miniature moves in and Triggers the token, at which point there is a battle and structures cannot be used.
B. See A.

2. If used, or if you move one when re-activating the Structure. They last through rounds. Not sure what you mean by B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Slottje
msg tools
mb
Thanks! I think I understand now. I was assuming that the buildings worked this way. I just wanted a little confirmation. 2B was an RTFM on my part. I think I understand this now too.

Thanks for the answers.
Jeremy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
SlottjeMonster wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Jeremy

1. Yes. You must have Units there to have control. Nests/war Parties are not units.

A. Yes. Unless a miniature moves in and Triggers the token, at which point there is a battle and structures cannot be used.
B. See A.

2. If used, or if you move one when re-activating the Structure. They last through rounds. Not sure what you mean by B.

So the Artillery and Watchtower Tokens remain in play until they are used in combat or are need for activation because the supply is limited?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.