John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The card on the right is from my copy of Takenoko. The card on the left is from my copy of Takenoko Chibis. They're different textures, thicknesses, colors, and sizes, to the point that I would need opaque sleeves (for mini cards) to not notice the texture or color differences.

According to an e-mail I got from Asmodee NA customer service today, these differences are within their tolerance range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'Cause we know what we feel...
badge
I'm #2
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty obvious. Guess you gotta sleeve the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to find elusive opaque mini sleeves - in three colors - because the color differences are pretty clearly visible through the clear sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of disappointing, but not exactly perfect information either since there are multiple expansion cards no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that sucks....you'd think if you took the time to email them and send them a picture, they'd do something for you. What a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
Wow that sucks....you'd think if you took the time to email them and send them a picture, they'd do something for you. What a shame.

Seems like there's not much they can do - I doubt that the texture, thickness, and size varies in the printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once upon a time, they gave replacement decks to all 7 Wonders owners for free because of a color mismatch in the Age III cards.

Similarly Z-Man replaced all Pandemic decks when the texture of the expansion didn't match, and the same was done by IDW (after a lot of complaints) for Machi Koro when the Harbor cards didn't match the base game card size.

So basically, they can do stuff about it, but it sounds like they have chosen not to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yipeng yao
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I know, the Chibis expansion is not compatible with the older (square box) version. Maybe that is the problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Parham
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you're the biggest company in board gaming and about to become bigger with yet another acquisition, you can apparently have a large tolerance for these kind of differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elvisier wrote:
From what I know, the Chibis expansion is not compatible with the older (square box) version. Maybe that is the problem?

The square box version of the base game is what I have. You'd think if that was a problem, and it was a known problem, they'd say something about it on CS requests.

EDIT: Comparing product codes on my base game box to the listing on BGG, I've got the English Second Edition, which is the first English edition to come in the square box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
yatescory wrote:

Seems like there's not much they can do - I doubt that the texture, thickness, and size varies in the printing.

Presumably the objective cards from the base game and the expansion, coming off the line today, are compatible. They could send me those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick King
United States
Berkeley Lake
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oftentimes what CS says and what is reality are not in alignment. Just tweet or facebook them a reasonable request for new base cards. Even if you had to pay shipping it would be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reviewers have said to wait and see if Asmodee's acquisition strategy is a good or bad thing for the industry, but history has shown time and time again that the larger a company gets, the less competition it has, the less it cares about customer service or quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'Cause we know what we feel...
badge
I'm #2
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the solution is pretty obvious. Takenoko - out. Pokemon - in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this e-mail today:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Asmodee North America. The status of your request is detailed below. If you have any questions or believe you have received this email in error, please contact parts@AsmodeeNA.com for assistance.

Please include reference code {REDACTED} in any communications regarding this request.

Current request status: Closed
Note: Your request cannot be processed because you gave no explanation as to why you need the part(s). Please submit a new request at http://parts.asmodeena.com/ with an explanation as to why the part is needed.

Here's the original acknowledgement e-mail they sent along with a quote of my request:

Quote:
Current request status: In Process

Game Title: Eldritch Horror: Signs of Carcosa Expansion
Component type: Ancient One Sheets
Details: The Ancient One sheet is missing from my copy of EH: Signs of Carcosa.
Status for this item: In Process

Game Title: Eldritch Horror: Signs of Carcosa Expansion
Component type: Character Cards
Details: The four Investigator Sheets are also missing from my copy of EH: Signs of Carcosa. All other components are present.
Status for this item: In Process

It seems Asmodee employ someone who is so monumentally stupid that they do not understand that vital parts being completely absent is not a valid reason to replace them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And another update:

Quote:
Current request status: Closed
Note: This request is a duplicate of another request. If your request received an error message on the first attempt, this often results in a duplicate. If you simply placed two requests for the same issue, please only place one request in the future. Thanks so much!

So, my first request was closed because I didn't supply sufficient information - even though I did - and was asked to submit a new request. But when I submitted a new request, it was closed as a duplicate of the first request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Final update: after sending an e-mail to Asmodee direct, they've reopened the ticket and the missing bits have been shipped immediately. Good turnaround after escalation, looks like a genuine error on their part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.