Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Bywater
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Hiya Guys

When placing Replacements do they have to meet both the bullet point conditions (in 6.2.2) or is one of the 2 ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good question. It doesn't say "either/or" in the rules text so I would say both would have to apply.

Maybe the developer will chime in to give you the official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both.

-K (co-developer N'44)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bywater
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Thank you both.

Mmmm - that`s going to make things rather tricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bywater
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
The end of (6.2.5) states - "A unit with a Replacement marker prevents ALL combat in the hex it occupies—not just the unit receiving the Replacement. As soon as the Replacement marker is removed in the Recovery Phase the restriction is lifted."

Just want to confirm that this means the units cannot attack or be attacked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. It just means you can't stick a unit out in the middle of nowhere. The unit needs to be raised in a central 'recombination' location (e.g. HQ, town, etc.), and also needs to be near its parent formation (the second bullet requirement).

This stops the German player from arbitrarily dropping elite SS units into Cherbourg, for instance, since the second bullet item would likely be unable to be met.

-K

Mancspartan wrote:
Thank you both.

Mmmm - that`s going to make things rather tricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mancspartan wrote:
The end of (6.2.5) states - "A unit with a Replacement marker prevents ALL combat in the hex it occupies—not just the unit receiving the Replacement. As soon as the Replacement marker is removed in the Recovery Phase the restriction is lifted."

Just want to confirm that this means the units cannot attack or be attacked?

Keep the SoP in mind...recovery phase occurs after that side's combat phase, so all this means is that any HEX containing a Repl marker cannot attack. The marker is removed before the other side's next move+attack, so does not prevent them from being attacked.

-K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bywater
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification Kevin. I think I should pay a bit more attention to the SoP.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Talgø
Norway
flag msg tools
So this means I can "resurrect" FJs wiped of the board?

Seems kinda strong to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.