United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
When the app says something like take 2 horror damage and 2 physical damage negated by (STR).

I was reading that as a split statement. Like you have to take the 2 horror and you can negate the 2 physical if you roll 2 successes. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can negate either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if rolled 4 success I could negate it all? With this among other things our first game was much harder then it should have been. We were affecting everyone that tied for the highest or lowest when the app said it and we were taking way less puzzle steps then we were allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janik L
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
repthrd wrote:
When the app says something like take 2 horror damage and 2 physical damage negated by (STR).

I was reading that as a split statement. Like you have to take the 2 horror and you can negate the 2 physical if you roll 2 successes. Is this correct?

I think you are correct. That's how i would play it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think this was right, but now I don't know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
No, you can negate either.

You sure, Chris?

If it were written: "2 horror damage and 2 physical damage. Negate by (STR)," I would agree, but "2 horror damage and 2 physical damage negated by (STR)" seems to be a split statement.

Was this clarified by FFG during your playtests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a line in the rule book about negations where it says you may negate 1 horror or damage per success. It is player's choice which is negated. Meaning, as I take it, in the case above if you got 1 success, you could negate 1 horror or 1 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
There is a line in the rule book about negations where it says you may negate 1 horror or damage per success. It is player's choice which is negated. Meaning, as I take it, in the case above if you got 1 success, you could negate 1 horror or 1 damage.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
soakman wrote:

thumbsup

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janik L
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
[q="soakman"]There is a line in the rule book about negations where it says you may negate 1 horror or damage per success. It is player's choice which is negated. Meaning, as I take it, in the case above if you got 1 success, you could negate 1 horror or 1 damage.

It says it all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.