Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Parham
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just what the title says and what did you think about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devious Devices
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharknado: The Board Game! definitely made and appearance. We had nearly 100 people play through the game last weekend. In fact, by the end of the weekend, we had to double down on a few slots, running games in parallel to accommodate the players who began to show up after hearing about the game.

Only about half of our players had seen a Sharknado movie, and everyone had only positive things to say about the game. Hopefully some of our players find this and share their thoughts!

-----------

Sharknado: The Board Game! Launches on Kickstarter Saturday, August 13 at 4pm EST
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Burke (The Chubby Meeple)
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it at Gen Con. You can see my preview and thoughts here:
https://chubbymeeple.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/kickstarter-pr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike R

Ohio
msg tools
I played it at gencon and was really surprised at the mechanics and all the details. They really managed to capture all the campiness and fun but with a good game mechanic. I only wish the game had small plastic sharks rather than tokens.

I will definitely be backing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Harris
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it at Gen Con and thought it was the most fun game I played all three days I was there. I am really looking forward to seeing and playing the final product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharkeeples ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Sharkeeples ?

Sharkles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zebro
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If not shark meeples...
Maybe fin meeples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tazbro wrote:
If not shark meeples...
Maybe fin meeples?

Fin meeples can be found in Survive: Escape from Atlantis! and I believe in the reprint edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zebro
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there isn't and option to get shark meeples, I'll look into getting that one too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devious Devices
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! Thanks for all the input. Shark meeples (sharkles/sharkeeples) and/or fin meeples (feeples?) are definitely something we've considered. There are 50 shark tokens in the game, and they're double-sided, so the biggest issue is finding a design solution that doesn't also add several dollars to the cost of manufacturing the game.

Trust us... we're working on it! It'll likely come down to the success of the campaign and what additional content we're able to unlock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's ironic, but fins seem less appropriate here than in most shark-related games, because (from my suppressed memories of the terrible first movie) the sharks were often not submerged.

EDIT: Note that I'm not saying the first movie was worse than the ones that followed. I only watched the first one. Also note that the game looks quite good, despite the dodgy source material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devious Devices
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed and we have a similar preference based on what is the most cost effective and best fit for the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.