Clash of Giants II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cavalry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or are the cavalry units pretty useless?

OK they can attack the enemy cavalry, but after that they're useless as they can't attack infantry, and if infantry try to attack them they can just retreat.

Might be just me that's missing a good tactic though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ronnietucker wrote:
Is it just me, or are the cavalry units pretty useless?

OK they can attack the enemy cavalry, but after that they're useless as they can't attack infantry, and if infantry try to attack them they can just retreat.

Might be just me that's missing a good tactic though.

They are great for moving quickly to preserve supply lines. Plus they can attack infantry once you have established a front line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Shlepov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
We played Star Fluxx, Star Munchkin, Dixit, and, of course, Bomb Alley.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could buy time with cavalry screening your lines to deploy lagging infantry behind or plug some temporary hole in front to avoid breakthrough. Dismounted cavalry in Ypres (esp. British) is even more serviceable since it could fight as infantry (albeit a weak one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I use them to attack infantry? I'm sure I read in the rule book that they can only attack other cavalry.

PS: Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm playing Ypres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ronnietucker wrote:
How do I use them to attack infantry? I'm sure I read in the rule book that they can only attack other cavalry.

PS: Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm playing Ypres.

I don't have the rules in front of me, but if you read the battle book for Ypres, when you form a line the infantry can fight as weak infantry. Forming a front is KEY to playing Ypres, so make sure you re-read that section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.