Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the first scenario, Prison Break and was pleasantly surprised. My group of experienced escape room aficionados, escaped with 25 minutes left on the clock. But we didn't get there without issues. We input the wrong code twice on phase 1, losing a minute each time. The puzzles were not as easy as expected either, and more than once we found a piece of information hidden in the puzzles that we had glossed over multiple times. Prison Break is supposed to be the easiest of the four scenarios, so I am very much looking forward to trying the harder ones.

For those wondering, no the Prison Break scenario is not repayable. You already know the answers. But the scenario can be repacked and another group could play. No materials are destroyed during the escape. Just do all your writing on a notepad. Looking forward to scenario number 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
Whered you get it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Whered you get it?

I picked it up at GenCon. But I think it will be available in Target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurèle A
Switzerland
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the language dependence? Is there some word/language puzzles, or is there text only for the explanations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurele wrote:
What is the language dependence? Is there some word/language puzzles, or is there text only for the explanations?

At least one member in your group will need to be English language fluent. Each phase has story elements that need to be read, in English. Also there is at least one clue that requires reading in English. I don't recall anything that would require any cultural context knowledge of the the U.S. to solve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Hommes
Netherlands
Dordrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurele wrote:

There is also a Dutch version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.