Subject: Asmodee announcement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kamil Nowakowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is:

https://www.asmodee.us/en/news/2016/8/9/mythical-monuments/

And looks neat! Love the dual combinations concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely LOOKS interesting... but seems like it would make the game really swingy on paper. A building that makes an Island immune to attacks? So there's a free Metroplis that no one can take? Or another building that lets you buy as many Philosophers as you want in one turn to get an unpreventable Metroplis. Those sound like pretty annoying endings to a game.

I guess there are work-arounds by players, being able to bid out Athena, or use monsters to remove armies. Maybe that's what the point is, just creating weird game states to alter the play style of your opponents.

Either way, I own almost everything for Cyclades so I'll be getting this also, hah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward for some feedback on this extension, although I will buy it anyway as soon as available because of my completionist streak, just like Tyler whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10 mini's and 10 cards for msrp $15? I like it! Small box expansions are awesome. Hope there's more to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyclades is my fave doods on a map game. Cant wait for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Definitely LOOKS interesting... but seems like it would make the game really swingy on paper. A building that makes an Island immune to attacks? So there's a free Metroplis that no one can take? Or another building that lets you buy as many Philosophers as you want in one turn to get an unpreventable Metroplis. Those sound like pretty annoying endings to a game.

I'm not sure about that, it also says that the fortress of Ares requires two fortresses to build which wouldn't seem to let you build a metropolis as you need one of each type and there wouldn't be space??

Also, the box says 2-5 players, will this mean that you can't use the monuments with Titans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Percivalle
United States
warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brumbynut wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

I'm not sure about that, it also says that the fortress of Ares requires two fortresses to build which wouldn't seem to let you build a metropolis as you need one of each type and there wouldn't be space??

Also, the box says 2-5 players, will this mean that you can't use the monuments with Titans?

At the bottom of the page it says its compatible with all other expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure I like the sound of some of these powers. At first glance it seems like they can tip the scales severely in one's favour. My group and I feel the same way about the Artifacts in Titans. We have agreed not to play with those anymore.

This expansion is definitely interesting and I will likely buy it, if for no other reason, simply to have it. WHen is it coming out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Nowakowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Monuments expansion is fully compatible will all other expansions for Cyclades,and will be available in the fourth quarter of this year."

So probably Essen or some time after it.

I don't have concerns about eventual flaws of this expansion - on paper everything can look different. As for now we don't even know how many buildings will be in a game at once or how they will appear (monster deck or "the faster the better").

The only things I thought about is how interesting will be special metropolis from Titans expansion combined with a monument (as metropolis retain it's special rule) and if double buildings (i.e. two ports, two fortresses) count as one if you are building metropolis - but probably yes, they just double eventual bonuses but count as one after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooof, how about the Metropolis from Titans that allows a 3-philospher Metropolis build used with the new University of Athena?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
'mattersmasher wrote:
Ooof, how about the Metropolis from Titans that allows a 3-philospher Metropolis build used with the new University of Athena?

Yeah, that would be awesome.

Just want to throw out that Cyc has always been full of "OP, broken" plays and combos. That's sort of the point. See them, get in first, and hate draft them away from whoever they would benefit most. Or see them, exploit them and win if you can.

I'm not worried about having more weapons to use/parry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolis Koutsikos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaand its $20 now did eveything get increased by $5 or just this? I'm not familiar with the MSRP prices in $.

I love that the minis seem to have the colors of the buildings they come from i.e. Great Lighthouse is only blue, there's a blue and brown one, and a white and purple one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.