Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read mixed reviews. Can it be tweaked to work ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that the expansion changes the game in any fundamental way to make it less desirable with 2 than the base game is.

Not very scientific, but the community ratings for player count rank the expansion higher for 2 than the base game.

You use a simplified dummy player which tightens up the board a bit and creates indirect conflict that helps make it more enjoyable than other approaches to 2-player control in my opinion.

My concern with Lost Lands is that it adds a lot more complexity for what should be a simple game, based on the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring if lost lands was not as good with to vs just legends itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I was referring if lost lands was not as good with to vs just legends itself.

Hmmm, so was I. What do I need to word better to answer your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE 8ME:L as a game. For 2... there are better Area Control games. The expansion, for many, was just more fards and boards,. The draftkng rules seem to be ignored by the the vocal forums users. I have never used them.

I like extra Leaders, cards, and boards. So for me, yes it is worth it.

As a whole, no. It does not drastically change my opinion of it for 2 players.

What aspects do you live about 8ME? I can recommend a few 2p Area Control games that are great. That said, if the expansion is still $15 on sale, BUY IT NOW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars F.
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:
I can recommend a few 2p Area Control games that are great.

I would be highly interested in your recommendations!
What I like about 8ME:L is that it is quickly played and the set collection aspect as well as the phantasmic artwork.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullfrogs - great art, frog meeples, but it is very much a dudes on the board sort of thing. You play, they play, and end of the game scoring. Modular, shifting map.

Hemloch: Midnight Edition - Seriously superb art style. It is driven by characters you play and there is a lot of back and forth. This is a points battle, more of an Area Majority thing.

Migration: Book II – A Saga of Conflict is sort of like chess in that different pieces have different powers. Just a nice change of pace, and plays fast enough.

8ME:L's Set Collection is not repeated to the same extent in 2p Area Control. Most of them are Card Driven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.