Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Gill
United States
Bellefonte
PA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got to meet Poots on Friday at Gencon. Asked him to sign my Forsaker 1st edition art card. Just wanted to say the man is truly humble and down to earth. After signing he stood there talking to me for a good 20 min till I broke the conversation off as I didn't want to be a jerk to the other folks around the booth waiting to talk to him. He reminisced about sitting up at night cutting the numbering bands that use to go around the art cards back before they did individual smaller numbering cards. We talked about how much of a pita that original model was to produce, I didn't know that only 100 of the original 500 casts were usable, originally I though it was just a low run number as it was an early mini. I fanboyed probably too much, but how often will I ever get the chance. I'm glad I was crazy enough to back the kickstarter the way I did, to chase down minis like I did, and crazy enough to pay what I did to get out to Gencon to meet him.

pic
https://www.flickr.com/photos/largo621/28554035600/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
By all accounts, he is a very humble dude. I think with the amount of adoration and accolades he received, I would have started calling myself "Board Game God, Master of Plastic".

All joking aside, great story. He deserves every bit of his success and I'm sure it'd be fun to talk to him. It's awesome that he enjoys talking to the fans about the game. It's always been clear that this was a labor of love; and it shows when you play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rocking the bandana.

I like him already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sutherland
United States
Union City
Michigan
flag msg tools
Yeah, Adam was an absolute blast to meet. I drove all the way down to Gencon from my place in Michigan just to get a chance to buy the core set of KD:M. Was the second person in line and I got a chance to talk to Adam for a good several minutes before the masses showed up. Since I was new to the game, I got some recommendations from him and also talked about some of the expansions as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What were his recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pruden
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That man needs sleep... He looks like he hasnt slept since his first run forsakers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoke to him as well, and he says very nice things about the BGG community and says he often reads our posts.

Super humble and super approachable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eivind LH
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@n3x3n: Doesn't he have a small Kid? If so, then thats how you're supposed to look 'round the eyes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.