Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
60 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Hey FFG, SLOW THE FRACK DOWN! (re: too many expansions too fast) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I just finished playing the original campaign and was planning on starting a Twin Shadows campaign. I have five of the character expansions.

So, already we also have Bespin Gambit and Return to Hoth and now we have Jabba's Palace coming out. Seriously, this game came out in 2014 and there are already 4 major expansions and tons of model expansions. Turn off the turbo guys, give your customers a chance to generate enough income to actually purchase your goods. It's win-win. You maintain a revenue stream, and there is a moderate, constant flow of new content to enjoy.

Right now it feels like it is being rammed down our throats.
Please, for the love of all things, SLOW DOWN!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
So, I just finished playing the original campaign and was planning on starting a Twin Shadows campaign. I have five of the character expansions.

So, already we also have Bespin Gambit and Return to Hoth and now we have Jabba's Palace coming out. Seriously, this game came out in 2014 and there are already 4 major expansions and tons of model expansions. Turn off the turbo guys, give your customers a chance to generate enough income to actually purchase your goods. It's win-win. You maintain a revenue stream, and there is a moderate, constant flow of new content to enjoy.

Right now it feels like it is being rammed down our throats.
Please, for the love of all things, SLOW DOWN!


This is the FFG model and they make a ton of money doing it. It can be very overwhelming for those of us that don't devote ourselves to a single game or don't have a large disposable income. I've owned the game for quite a while now and still need to purchase a couple more of the base game Ally / Villain packs. But more than enough people DO buy in to make sure they won't be slowing down anytime soon.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those expansions aren't going anywhere - FFG is good at keeping stuff in print - so you don't have to buy them all now. Buy them when you need them.
22 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they might be running against a deadline, if their star wars license runs out of time.
i dont know if thats the case but they wont hold the license indefinitely.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Having lots of expansions is important for tournament play so that the metagame keeps shifting. I appreciate the expansions for that reason.

Buy what you want and have time to play. Don't worry about Jabba's Realm because it won't be out for a while anyway.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
they might be running against a deadline, if their star wars license runs out of time.
i dont know if thats the case but they wont hold the license indefinitely.
FFG Star Wars license has been very successful so I doubt that it would be in Disney or FFGs interest to let that lapse.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Chan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want FFG to go into hyperdrive when it comes to the IA companion APP
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vexman wrote:
I want FFG to go into hyperdrive when it comes to the IA companion APP


I want them to go to plaid.
26 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hey now friend, not everyone's going your speed.

Some of us do enjoy the rate that the expansions are coming out. If you're not ready for part of the game- and this is a crazy thought- just don't buy it yet. You're in now way diminishing your own experience by not having what other people might own.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jett Rink
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I empathise. The expansions come out way too quick for me to keep up. I don't get to meet regularly with a game group.
And I do panic about not being able to get hold of stuff when I want. As much as they do reprint stuff, you can be waiting months.
I'm ready to get Twin Shadows expansion but can't get hold of the Boba Fett expansion (without paying a ton extra for shipping), so now I'm stuck waiting. I'm guessing they will reprint him with the Jabba's Realm stuff.

But, I have also seen how crazy people can go if they don't think FFG are bringing out expansions quick enough. It seems a game is only out a month before people are demanding FFG make expansion content.
I'm sure FFG is happy to have such an enthusiastic fan base

And the good thing about my slow speed to get expansions is there are lot's of lovely people on the forums to review them all and help with rules explanations
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 large box and 1 small box a year doesn't feel excessive...

-shnar
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M.

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:

Please, for the love of all things, SLOW DOWN!


This is a bit of a delicate line in my opinion. As some one who played Star Wars LCG through some pretty significant delays between releases, I would rather have stuff come out too quickly and two slow.

It makes the meta stale and people leave the game.

I think their releases are spot on. I couldn't afford the Hoth wave when it first came out for a while but at this point I'm caught up. My problem isn't the money, I lack for time. My group just finished Twin Shadows are are getting ready for Hoth and I have the Bespin stuff already.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
1 large box and 1 small box a year doesn't feel excessive...

-shnar


If there wasn't 4+ single packs coming with each and 6 more blisters in between, I'd agree. It's the figure packs that really are the problem.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you play the 1v1 mode there's no reason to rush on the single figure packs. They have missions, sure, but competition is what stuff like the Bantha Rider and Hired Guns, etc., are really aimed at.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Unless you play the 1v1 mode there's no reason to rush on the single figure packs. They have missions, sure, but competition is what stuff like the Bantha Rider and Hired Guns, etc., are really aimed at.


Just that Hired Guns are one of the best expansions for the campaign...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
What is it in money terms, as that's what the OP referenced. Maybe $200 RRP a year? A fake whack, but not ridiculous. Many mini based Kickstarter will take more than that in one go for an all in pledge.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play the campaigns that fast either (we're just finishing our first since life got busy for me), but I buy the new stuff anyways. The extra content can be mixed into any campaign (e.g. new items, new crate items, new enemies).

Unless you do skirmish (more specifically tournaments) you can skip a lot of the ally/villain packs (just use tokens/proxy). I got the initial wave of heroes like Han and Chewie since they're so iconic, but I skipped out on the stuff I essentially already had (e.g. IG-88, Stormtrooper, Rebel Troopers etc.). Most of the unique ally packs like wookie warriors are also skippable if not doing skirmish since they rarely come into play in a campaign. Unfortunately you still need to get a bunch of em too like Hired Guns, Bantha Rider for a "complete" set and it does add up quite quickly so I empathize with you there.

It'll all be more useful when the app comes around as well if you plan to do any solo play.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Unless you play the 1v1 mode there's no reason to rush on the single figure packs. They have missions, sure, but competition is what stuff like the Bantha Rider and Hired Guns, etc., are really aimed at.


Just that Hired Guns are one of the best expansions for the campaign...

I love hired guns in the campaign. Excellent, cheap cannon fodder.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're just finishing a base campaign 18 months after it came out, it sounds like you're behind. You don't have to buy them as they release, go slow, have fun. Doesn't mean they need to change their schedule, just adjust your expectations.

Also, this isn't FFG forums.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would gladly switch with you, as someone who plays with the german version of IA we are currently at Wave 4...i would love to get the stuff faster!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shakePeople really will whine about anything. You have a choice that you yourself make to buy something. You literally do not have to buy anything at all. This is not a catch em all thing, you do not need every expansion only what YOU think you may want past the core set that you already own. To say it feels like its being rammed down your throat its bewildering to me.

I own the base game and wave 1. Yep thats it, when I am done with the campaign (as in tired of playing it) and if I want more I will get Bespin or Hoth or just a few packs. Not make a post that the support FFG is giving is to much when every product they put out for this game is still available.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping they would compile each of the single packs for each wave into a box. It would make it easier to catch up.
1 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
krzykoopa wrote:
shakePeople really will whine about anything. You have a choice that you yourself make to buy something. You literally do not have to buy anything at all.


So, this is very insensitive.
You really should consider being more empathetic before ripping off like this. What you said was very hurtful. I can't help that I have OCD. Compounding it by making me feel bad about it just makes it worse.



"I wept that I had no shoes until the day I met the boy with no feet."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
krzykoopa wrote:
shakePeople really will whine about anything. You have a choice that you yourself make to buy something. You literally do not have to buy anything at all.


So, this is very insensitive.
You really should consider being more empathetic before ripping off like this. What you said was very hurtful. I can't help that I have OCD. Compounding it by making me feel bad about it just makes it worse.



"I wept that I had no shoes until the day I met the boy with no feet."


I'd be curious to know how your OCD manifests when it comes to collecting boardgames.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
it's called obsessive compulsion for a reason?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.