Subject: Game day in Haverhill, MA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cross
United States
Atkinson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The Bacon Board Gamers will be hosting our semiannual All-Day Gaming Marathon on Saturday, August 27th from 10am to 8pm in room E260 of the Science building at Northern Essex Community College in Haverhill, MA.

We will have reserved parking for visitors in the Spurk parking lot. See directions and a map of the college here: http://www.necc.mass.edu/directions/haverhill/

When you arrive on campus the Public Safety officers will direct you to the Spurk lot.

Feel free to bring your own games or play the games we have in the library. Here is a link to the club's game collection:
http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Bacon%20Boardgamers...

I can also bring any of the games listed under my profile. So if there is something you'd like to play just let me know.

We will have open gaming as well as door prizes.

There is a small cafe on campus in case you get hungry as well as some restaurants in downtown Haverhill.

More info can be found on our website: www.BaconBoardGamers.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear about another relatively local gaming group. That happens to be TempleCon weekend but I'll keep an eye out for future events from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
United States
Atkinson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Hi Josh,

We hold the game day twice a year, but we also meet the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 6:30-9:30 pm at the same place. We'd love to see you some time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wells
United States
Haverhill
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right around the corner from you... (E Broadway!)

What ages of players and how many different games do you expect to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
United States
Atkinson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Hi Brian,

My kids usually come for a bit (ages 12, 10 and 7), but other than that it's probably 75% college age gamers with the rest a bit older.

We'll probably end up playing a couple of heavier games as well as a bunch of fillers throughout the day.

Diversions Games always ends up donating a few games for door prizes as well. Feel free to show up for as much of the day as you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wells
United States
Haverhill
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will attend next time; I have a tennis tournament that day (different type of game...)

My wife and I play heavier Euro and lot of other style games so we will definitely come over when we can.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
mcross wrote:

My kids usually come for a bit (ages 12, 10 and 7), but other than that it's probably 75% college age gamers with the rest a bit older.

I may check this out. Although, I'm definitely in the "a bit older" category. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
United States
Atkinson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You should definitely come by. Even if you can't make it to the game day we play from 6:30-9:30 pm on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month throughout the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.