$15.00
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmbmb
When drawing more than one docking card, I'm assuming they are considered still in effect after they are "resolved?"

For example, One docking card has an Alliance patrol looking for narcotics that is confiscating all, and fining anyone that has any. I do NOT have any narcotics, therefore it does not apply to little ol' innocent me. However, on the NEXT docking card I find a container that I could loot that contains narcotics.

Even though I have "resolved" the first card about the Alliance Patrol, thematically, I would assume the Patrol is STILL THERE and therefore, if I loot the container, I would have the narcotics confiscated and be fined.

Is this correct? Or are the effects ignored once another card is drawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says to resolve them one by one, so unless the card has an effect that lasts the entire turn (like saying you can't dock this turn), once you've resolved a card it should not affect what happens with subsequent cards.

In your example, thematically could say that the patrol scanned your ship, determined you were clean, then moved on to scan other ships in the queue. As soon as they were out of sight, you checked out the container.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.