$60.00
$20.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Imhotep» Forums » Variants

Subject: Imhotep Solo-rules "Duel of architects" ( also in the files section ) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Steger
Austria
Absam
flag msg tools
IMHOTEP – Solo-Rules „Duel of architects“

Standard-setup for a 2-player game.
• Its very important to place the locations in the same order as written in the rules
(top location market, bottom location obelisk), use the A) sides of the locations
• Its also important that during gameplay every round you prepare the 4 boats exactly in the same order as written on the boatcard
• human player = start player
• you will need a D6

After each of your actions, your opponent architect (oa) takes his action in following order:

1. if oa has no stones in his stock – take 3 stones

otherwise

2. if oa has not placed any stone this round – proceed 3A)

otherwise

3. roll D6

3A) 1-5: Place stone on boat

• Place stone on the boat with the least oa-stones on rightest free place
• If there are more boats with the least oa-stones – priority from bottom boat to top boat
• If there is no free place on any boat left – proceed 3B)

3B) 6: Move Boat

• Move boat with the most oa-stones to location with the least oa-stones
• If there are more boats with the most oa-stones – priority from top boat to bottom boat
• If there are more locations with the least oa-stones – priority from bottom location to top location
• If target location is market – remove 1 market-card per unloaded oa-stone
(remove remaining cards in clockwise order) and immediately give the oa 4 VP for every unloaded oa-stone. Place the unloaded oa-stones beside the market to determine the location with the least oa-stones in the following rounds

Beat your opponent architect and you will be egypts most famous builder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Imhotep Solo-rules "Duel of architects" available in files-section
Can you provide a direct link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Piemonte
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Fabio0907 wrote:

perhaps you meant this?

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135650/imhotep-solo-rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Steger
Austria
Absam
flag msg tools
Ahhhh sorry!
Thank you

Any input and opinions welcome!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
just tried it out. i think it works very well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it worth getting the game solely for solo play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I think I'll pass on this game then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great variant!

Question: If the oa goes to the market, does it "remove" a card from the game, or take it for itself (so endgame cards score for it at game end)? I played that it kept the cards for scoring but removed non scoring ones from the game, and that made the games very close in scoring (which is good), but then I did start intentionally sailing to the market with a boat with as few of its stones as possible so it couldn't get the 4pts/stone it gets for visiting the market...

Edit: Question 2: If all boats are full but the oa has run out of stones on his sled, will he prioritise taking stones on his turn, or should he go straight to sailing the ships instead? Especially at the end of the last round, when getting more stone is irrelevant (except perhaps for tie-break, not sure, can't recall what the tie break is offhand)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Steger
Austria
Absam
flag msg tools
Hello nick,

Thanks a lot!
No, the card is removed from the game.
But your idea is very interesting, as it probably gives the market a more strategic importance and makes the variant more challengig for experienced players....

Sailing has priority for the oa, he prefers to mess up your intentions :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans "Solo" Hiemenz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played twice now. It plays very smooth, which I like a lot. Next time I'm gong to try giving statue, green, and blue cards to the AI When they drop stones at the market along with the 4vp. I found myself just working toward end game bonuses and maybe this will force me to play for round and immediate points more. Thanks for putting it together, I like it a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Steger
Austria
Absam
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot!
If i find the time i will edit the variant with the tweaks regarding the market. This increases the challenge for sure.

By the way, i like your videos a lot, a great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.