Subject: Question for players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
For those who have played the game I'd like to get your thoughts on how "different" the various classes feel? Is there an actual sense of "team play" between the various classes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the PnP a couple times now. Some abilities are better than others, but you definitely get a feeling for differences. For example:

The Paladin moves slowly and typically sticks around base because it is extremely beneficial to use Smite every round to clean up hard-to-reach cultists.

The Ranger tends to explore quickly and usually goes with someone else to pick up the non-green tokens behind her.

The Mage is always looking for the right moment to teleport somewhere to pick up that last token and break an artifact. The mage also feels awesome every round by placing the cultist wherever the heck he feels like, but otherwise weak as he moves around trying to accomplish things on his turn.

Those are the main ones that I remember. I am pretty sure they all have a pretty unique theme and feel. As far as team play goes, it is usually pretty obvious what your role is going to be and you mostly do that with some exceptions as emergencies arise. Mostly everyone goes and explores at least a little bit on their own, but near each other because you're going to have to sweep around at some point and collect your specific type of token that other players have discovered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lipton
msg tools
designer
Hope as the designer it's fine that I chime in. Outside of having 3 Stars for each stat covered, there are some really good hero combos that I have found;

Sage and Warrior: The Sage can feed Cultists around the Warrior, which the Warrior can clean up quick.

Ranger and Wizard: The Ranger scouts out the rooms so the Wizard knows where to go, grab, and Object Portal.

Rogue and Wizard: They can go off away from the group into the boonies, and if things get tight the Rogue can slip through walls and the Wizard can Teleport.

When I form a party, I always want to make sure we have someone in each of these 3 roles: Mobility, Attacking, and Utility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.