$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
After search online (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2tu43?Timing-of-Spells-like-Bril...), I still have more question about the spell.

I am using Kyra for all my example here.

1. If Kyra have brilliance, I can play the spell on my self or any other character regardless their location right?

2. If somehow I play brilliance on Kyra herself, can I use the +3 bonus to recharge the spell?

3. From what I read, I cannot cast brillance and another attack during an encounter. But I can cast brillance before the encounter (e.g. somehow I have another character scout the location for me and I know it is a monster). On the other hand, I think we cannot cast a spell without effect a check. So, how can i cast brillance before an encounter.

4. Without another character to scout for me. Can I cast detect evil, and it is a demon for example, cast brillance, and then cast my attack spell, and then use the brillance +3 bouns to recharge it. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Thomas
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Alvin. Going on my own experience with the game (nearly 3 years at this point):

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes

The timing on the spells is specific. Read each sentence and apply a full stop to your logic. Apply that sentence. Then read the next sentence. Full stop; apply logic. Repeat as needed.

Hope that help, and if I'm wrong (as is always a distinct possibility) I'm sure other kind souls on here will be glad to shed some light whistle

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alvinltlo wrote:
After search online (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2tu43?Timing-of-Spells-like-Bril...), I still have more question about the spell.

I am using Kyra for all my example here.

1. If Kyra have brilliance, I can play the spell on my self or any other character regardless their location right?

2. If somehow I play brilliance on Kyra herself, can I use the +3 bonus to recharge the spell?

3. From what I read, I cannot cast brillance and another attack during an encounter. But I can cast brillance before the encounter (e.g. somehow I have another character scout the location for me and I know it is a monster). On the other hand, I think we cannot cast a spell without effect a check. So, how can i cast brillance before an encounter.

4. Without another character to scout for me. Can I cast detect evil, and it is a demon for example, cast brillance, and then cast my attack spell, and then use the brillance +3 bouns to recharge it. blush

1. Yes
2. No, but only because Kyra is a Cleric who uses Wisdom, and Brilliance affects Intelligence.
3. During an encounter you can only cast a spell that affects a check. Outside of an encounter you aren't so restricted. Note that if the encounter had you do an Intelligence check as part of the "before you act" step, you could cast Brilliance then, and it would remain in effect for the combat step and the rest of your turn, and you could cast another spell in combat.
4. Yes if you used a spell that affected Wisdom instead of Intelligence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagacity is probably more the spell you are thinking of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
yup. that is the spell.

Now I am ready for some crazy combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With reference to question 4, when does the encounter start?
For example, Play Detect Demon, if the top card is a Demon, you may encounter it. So aren't you going straight into encountering at that point and thus can only play your attack spell, as you can only play one type of card for the check?
Somebody else could play Sagacity if they had one though.

The way I think you would have to do this is if no other player is helping you is:
Play Detect Demon - see it is a Demon and choose not to explore.
Play Sagacity
Play an explore card and explore
Play your attack spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.