$5.00
$15.00
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(9.1 & 10.0) Seems to suggest that if you move units into a contested area, only your units that moved in can partake in the assault (your units that were already there contesting the area can NOT partake)

This doesn't make sense to me that not all your units could join the fight.
What is the correct rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In general you may only activate one area at a time. You'll note that rule 9.1 mentions the "active area" (singular, not plural). This is standard feature of nearly all or perhaps all area-impulse games and gives them their "chess" like feel.

It also prevents all kinds of ahistorical rules abuse. Without such a limitation the player could activate an area with five units, send one unit into each of five different areas, activate all of the units in those five areas, and launch a pile of attacks with the opposing player having no chance to react.

But there is a way to "combine" units in two areas - through spending the advantage. See rule 12.1, third bullet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a game I bought because I really liked the counter art.

When I than wanted to play it, there seemed to be so many questions and things that just didn't seem right.

Couldn't get them answered so after a while I gave up on it.

But as you are now asking questions and I realise it was not just me being too stupid to understand, I may feel encouraged to find it again and have another go at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The area-impulse system has been around in basically this form (in terms of rules) for many years now. Once you have the rules down the game is very easy to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I'm fully willing to assume the problem is with me, not with the game.

It's been a while since I've tried it, so I can't remember what my problem was, must give it another go.
Maybe the penny drops this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many people who could answer your question or questions about this game. It's quite popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, you've convinced me to give it another chance.

It was a game I didn't only like for the subject, but also for the counter art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.