Subject: Boy, I don't know where my head is. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Earle
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I joined the board gaming community (especially the 1P folks), I have especially liked anything Lovecraftian, Cthulhu, etc. I hadn't paid much attention to MoM since it took more than 1 person. I thought that MoM2 would be the same so I (almost) avoided it. I am blown away by the game and can't wait until it arrives on my doorstep! I hope it turns out to be a great game as reviews and play-through so show.

If this game does well, I hope it encourages FFG to re-publish the minis for AH, EH & ES so I can complete my collection.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only two games in so far but yeah... it's really, really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've really enjoyed my playthroughs (4 so far) and I'm already pining for new content. 4 scenarios, even with "random placements" just doesn't seem like enough, at all.

Right now, it's on the top of my list for 1P games, though. I'm going to bring it to a big gaming event on Saturday to play with others, so I'm really curious to see how much I enjoy it with others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played lots of different games, including the first edition, but I've never experienced a craving for a game as much as I have with this one. I think I've played it nine times in four days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished our first game. We won, but barely. 3 insane investigators, 2 wounded.

This version really immerses you more in the theme than the first version did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dermaestro wrote:
Just finished our first game. We won, but barely. 3 insane investigators, 2 wounded.

This version really immerses you more in the theme than the first version did.

Agreed. I think it is because in the first edition, it's a boardgame. Keeper versus players, where both sides have lots of fiddly tokens and actions and have to game the situation carefully to maximise their chances of winning. Second edition is much more of a role-playing game; the app is not an AI trying to beat the players as much as it is a neutral GM trying to create an exciting adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.