Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, pure speculation, but I feel this HAS to be the end (though I felt that way after the Harbinger). There's also a heart-felt Acknowledgement at the end of the rule book that seemed like a final farewell.

What do you all think? Feel free to fill out the poll...if you end up being wrong, we'll have a record of it!

Poll
Do you think Cataclysm will be the last FFG expansion for Talisman?
Do you think Cataclysm will be the last FFG expansion for Talisman?
Yes, this is truly the end.
Are you kidding me? There will be more...
      78 answers
Poll created by rcmoore4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no opinion. But I hope it is not the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd still like to see some sort of seafaring expansion, although I was pretty much satisfied after the woodland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will miss you, sweet Talisman. Perhaps the Digital Version will extend past the Cataclysm and explore new worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there's the fifth edition with all new expansions... you know how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
Well there's the fifth edition with all new expansions... you know how it works.

First Edition was, well, First.
Second Edition was First Edition Improved.
Third Edition went a little experimental.
Fourth was Second Edition Improved.

So does that mean Fifth is going to be experimental again? An Improved Third? An Improved Fourth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, after Woodland gave us the 4th corner and Harbinger heralded the end of the world I had sort of guessed that we'd seen all of T4E. Obviously, that hypothesis was faulty given Cataclysm.

I always have hope that there will be more. We need to get up to 100 characters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plaid_Dragon wrote:
Well, after Woodland gave us the 4th corner and Harbinger heralded the end of the world I had sort of guessed that we'd seen all of T4E. Obviously, that hypothesis was faulty given Cataclysm.

Don't forget the Deep Realms!
There's still 3 mid-corner boards to explore!

And if they can Cataclysm the main board, there is nothing stopping them from Cataclysming the corners as well!

The Destroyed City!
The Not-so-High-anymore-Lands!
The Massive Collapsed Tunnel System!
The Woodland!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
Don't forget the Deep Realms!
There's still 3 mid-corner boards to explore!

I'd love to see a POD board linking Highland to Woodlands -- my own idea would be "The High Realm," a castle-in-the-clouds themed counterpart to the Deep Realms. But how in the world could they squeeze anything in on the other two sides? "The Narrow Realms"???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I left FFG I was planning on pitching an idea for a The Wild Realms between the Highlands and the Woodlands. It would have been nice to have finished up the board in that manner, but with the rumors about FFG and Gamesworkshop it may never been complete. Well, unless a fan takes up the mantle and makes one for us all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
Before I left FFG I was planning on pitching an idea for a The Wild Realms between the Highlands and the Woodlands. It would have been nice to have finished up the board in that manner, but with the rumors about FFG and Gamesworkshop it may never been complete. Well, unless a fan takes up the mantle and makes one for us all

That is rather sad news Samual as I believe the expansions you creates breathed life into Talisman and I was eagerly looking forward to more expansions from you. I guess everything comes to pass eventually and I wish you all the best for your future endeavours.

As for problems between FFG and GW that does dampen my enthusiasm for the future of Talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
Well, unless a fan takes up the mantle and makes one for us all

It's well underway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Priddy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Optimistic if this does wind up this way that GW gets back the main Warhammer stuff that is more miniature related while the board games keep going with FFG as the FFG quality of games is quite good & it would be far easier moving those RPGs/boardgames over to someone who will keep working with them over a miniature company that will just let them collect dust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
With today's news, I think we can officially say this is the last product in the line, sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.