Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was rolling. At the end of the First Civil War, I had racked up 5 Achievements and banked 11 victory points. I had a total of 13 VP's. Oxford and Edinborough had rallied to Parliment. The Scots were rightly reduced to 2 strength. The Royalists were on the run. And then, I goofed. I used the wrong deck of Event cards; gold not silver. D'oh!!! Ten cards in, I figured it out. All that might have been, now never will. No doubt, 'twas another treacherous Catholic plot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! Never had a game rolling that good that early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of such things, legends are made!

History was never this straightforward.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the first civil war Bronze......?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:
Isn't the first civil war Bronze......?

I played the First Civil War (bronze) deck correctly. Then I played mistakenly played the gold deck when I should have played the silver deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HitchKennedy wrote:
I was rolling. At the end of the First Civil War, I had racked up 5 Achievements and banked 11 victory points. I had a total of 13 VP's. Oxford and Edinborough had rallied to Parliment. The Scots were rightly reduced to 2 strength. The Royalists were on the run. And then, I goofed. I used the wrong deck of Event cards; gold not silver. D'oh!!! Ten cards in, I figured it out. All that might have been, now never will. No doubt, 'twas another treacherous Catholic plot.

I did the same thing, but luckily I noticed it early enough to undo the changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
I did the same thing, but luckily I noticed it early enough to undo the changes.

My usual habit is to build a single large deck to avoid this very possible goof. No good reason why I deviated here; only a lack of discipline.

My two subsequent games were total disasters. One saw four tracks fall into F territory. The next saw London fall to a double pincer move on London by the Armies of the West and North. Yeah, it was bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.