Subject: Moving? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GB Paul
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I rolled for deployment for my tank and received a result of "moving". after surviving an ambush by the enemy (our lead tank was not so fortunate)I ordered my driver to pivot the tank. Is my tank still considered "moving" for the sake of DRM's?

As a follow up if I had ordered my driver to "stop" I would remove the "moving" marker on my tank when performing my crew actions correct?

Another post mentioned that "pivoting" your tank is not "moving" the tank per se. Does this mean I remove the "moving" marker I received on the Deployment Table?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Scott
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my reading of the rules, I'd say that pivoting does not count as 'moving' for the sake of the to-hit modifier. If you start the encounter moving and later issue a driver order to pivot, you would lose the moving counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Concur with Mr. Scott, pivoting is not considered moving per the rules. The only four "movement" orders/actions listed are: Forward, Forward to Hull Down, Reverse, and Reverse to Hull Down (first paragraph, first sentence of 11.0 "Sherman Movement"). You do not mark the Sherman with a Moving counter if it pivots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GB Paul
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Gentlemen.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Whilst I agree that Pivoting is ( apparently ), generally not considered movement in the game rules, this has provoked some discussion previously on this forum in the following thread : Pivot & Reverse movement. I think you may find this thread interesting...

See my post of 16th May 2014 ( in that thread ) in particular.

[ Please note that any usage of my suggestion therein is optional. ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.