Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Brass Empire players! I thought it would be helpful to list all of the Errata and my other recommendations into one thread.

First up, during production we cut the hit point counter cubes down since you will likely only ever use a handful. The rulebook and box still have a typo saying there should be 20 hit point tokens. This is incorrect and a typo - there should be only 10 red hit point cubes.

The Rulebook Brass Token recommendations lean towards longer games. My personal recommendation is to play games with 10-20 Brass per player. I would lean toward the lower count with more players (i.e. 40-50 Brass for 4 players) and find that 30 Brass is best for head-to-head games.

If I think of anything else to add to this list, I'll post it here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the errata, Mike. After reading the manual, one suggestion I have for future releases is to be a bit clearer on the combat, as a lot of us played MtG and other games where damage goes away on the end of the turn. It's easy to deduct that this is not the case here, but it would be good to state that on the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it to my list for any future editions or rule revisions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Giffey
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have a question regarding "Corporate Ninja" that may require a change in the text of future printings. The text of the card states;

"You may dismiss any card in your hand (including this one) to acquire any card that costs 3 labor or less"

My question relates to the "acquire any card that costs 3 labor or less" section. That section would seem to include cards such as Omni-Edo Pagoda which costs 3 labor and meets the requirements of 3 labor or less, but it also costs 4 construction. Similarly, a card like Magnetic Generator costs 0 labor, but also costs 6 construction. Using the current phasing of Corporate Ninja both Omni-Edo Pagoda and Magnetic Generator would be allowable acquisitions. However, that seems WAY too good, and also not in the flavor of the card as you'd think the Ninja would only interact with employee cards.

I recommend updating the text of Corporate Ninja from "acquire any card" to "acquire any employee card".

Great game by the way! Got it yesterday and have played through it a few times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ongchangco
United States
California
flag msg tools
Had the same question and tried it both ways. My conclusion is that it became ridiculously powerful when construction is ignored. As such, the chosen card has to cost 3 labor or less and 0 construction, which makes it perfect for Managers, Contractors, and maybe a Pendulum Sniper or Gear Architect if you're lucky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same conclusion. It seems to be the intention (<=3 labor, 0 construction). Too powerful otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.