The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fire check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Villé Philippe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Fire Check
A hero takes 1 wound only with Hit ? ( and not Hit with Burst ? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, 1 wound from a hit, 1+reroll from burst
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible for a hero to die from a single fire token. Unlikely, but possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On a related note...when leaving a space with a Monster, and you take 1 Wound....do you get to roll for defense? Do any shield icons you have protect against it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
No and no. You only get to roll against Hits, not Wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altropos wrote:

Hmm I am not sure about this one (was this explained by Thiago from CMON for example?)

In corruption check it mentioned that dice can explode. In fire check no. So I am wondering why you claim that fire checks have exploding dice as well ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Altropos wrote:

Hmm I am not sure about this one (was this explained by Thiago from CMON for example?)

In corruption check it mentioned that dice can explode. In fire check no. So I am wondering why you claim that fire checks have exploding dice as well ?

The reason Fire doesn't mention Bursts is because it doesn't have to. That section refers to the Rolling Dice section that explains that Hit with Burst symbols count as a Hit and also have you roll another die.

On the other hand, Corruption checks are different, in that the Hit symbol does NOT "hit". It does need to specify that it does initiate the Burst reroll, however, and so it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
It's possible for a hero to die from a single fire token. Unlikely, but possible.

My all time best is three hits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.