Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mb
I was curious what the grognards that frequent this forum think of this game: http://ossgamescart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the reviews on the original magazine version of the game and per-ordered the new One Small Step version. Once I get it I will love to tell you about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Original game in Wargamer magazine was interesting, and I played it as much as I did the VG game, but it suffered from a camouflaged map - you couldn't see where the hexes were!

Different scale game completely; division and brigade.
I liked that it included Laos and Cambodia.

This is a revised version, with better map, counters I don't like as much, and a number of rules revisions that I am not sure will improve or harm the game.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mb
ltmurnau wrote:
Original game in Wargamer magazine was interesting, and I played it as much as I did the VG game, but it suffered from a camouflaged map - you couldn't see where the hexes were!

Different scale game completely; division and brigade.
I liked that it included Laos and Cambodia.

This is a revised version, with better map, counters I don't like as much, and a number of rules revisions that I am not sure will improve or harm the game.

Brian

The game (and game company) are new to me. The new map looks pretty good and I agree the counter style would not have been my first choice. I was struck by the scope of the game (I've only skimmed the rule book) and wondered if it could rival the VG version. I assume the change in scale makes the game more playable (at least in terms of the time required)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mb
zeotter wrote:
Once I get it I will love to tell you about it

I look forward to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soon as I saw the association with Holy Roman Empire: The Thirty-Years War I quickly moved away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mullen
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
soon as I saw the association with Holy Roman Empire: The Thirty-Years War I quickly moved away.

"Enjoy the Vietnam Conflict, now with more bookeeping and less pesky back and forth operational interactivity!"

I think VG Vietnam will keep King of the Hill status with me a bit longer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mb
Navaronegun wrote:
Minedog3 wrote:

"Enjoy the Vietnam Conflict, now with more bookeeping and less pesky back and forth operational interactivity!"

I think VG Vietnam will keep King of the Hill status with me a bit longer...

Interesting. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.