Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: The "set fire"in the app option?.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What does it do?..if i confirm nothing happens..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All it's going to do is prompt you each turn to either have the fire spread or be extinguished. The app is never going to show any fire on the map. So, technically, you don't even have to use the app to set a fire, as long as you remember to have it spread at the right time. With as much stuff going on in the game, the app is a nice way to remember to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka Lindström
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:
So, technically, you don't even have to use the app to set a fire, as long as you remember to have it spread at the right time. With as much stuff going on in the game, the app is a nice way to remember to do it.

I very much recommend that you use the app to track it as it does more than just reminds the players to spread the fire. When the app knows a fire is on it can for example give events that occur only when a fire is burning and those could even depend on how long the fire had been burning. These things cannot happen if you don't tell the app about it.

So if there is a way to tell the app about the game state, like set fire, please use it even though it might not seem to have impact immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Rodrigeus
msg tools
Quite true, in a solo game, both my chars were burned to a crisp due to a particularly awfully timed mythos event, which couldt happen if the app didnt know a fire was raging, even though it was me setting the fire tokens and nothing in the app showed WHERE the fire was (which bty was on an adjacent room, and the space where my chars happenned to be shared a wall with a space on fire, and per the rules - which makes sense in that particular situation - are then adjacent, making then a target to the mythos effect which called for all investigators in or adjacent to a space on fire.

Brutal ending, but it was karma, as one char had previously blocked 2 witches and a dark druid in the kitchen on fire, and were unable to break through before burning ;p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pruano wrote:
Quite true, in a solo game, both my chars were burned to a crisp due to a particularly awfully timed mythos event, which couldt happen if the app didnt know a fire was raging, even though it was me setting the fire tokens and nothing in the app showed WHERE the fire was (which bty was on an adjacent room, and the space where my chars happenned to be shared a wall with a space on fire, and per the rules - which makes sense in that particular situation - are then adjacent, making then a target to the mythos effect which called for all investigators in or adjacent to a space on fire.

Brutal ending, but it was karma, as one char had previously blocked 2 witches and a dark druid in the kitchen on fire, and were unable to break through before burning ;p

Just out of curiosity, was there a specific effect that allowed the fire to pass through walls (like, thematically burning through it)? Because in the rules concerning walls it mentions

"Effects that affect adjacent spaces cannot affect spaces through
walls unless an effect specifically allows it."

Regardless, that does sound like an epic way for the game to end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Rodrigeus
msg tools
Inmat4251 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, was there a specific effect that allowed the fire to pass through walls (like, thematically burning through it)? Because in the rules concerning walls it mentions

"Effects that affect adjacent spaces cannot affect spaces through
walls unless an effect specifically allows it."

Regardless, that does sound like an epic way for the game to end.

Yes, the mythos event allowed it, was just before
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the ritual in the first scenario finished and the mansion was crumbling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.