sb so
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My question from my first play with Necrons today is:

If any player triggers Y'varn's battle effect, both players must put an army unit into play.

Is the Necron player with their enslavement dial set to faction A in this situation allowed to put a unit into play at their HQ that does not belong to faction A? Or does the enslavement dial "overwrite" all situations where an army unit might be put into play?

I understand the rules to be the second way, i.e. that "Y'varn is weaker than enslavement", but don't feel a 100% sure. Would be very happy to hear some clarification from you. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The enslavement dial affects all deploy and put into play effects for Necrons. So unless their enslavement dial is set to SM, they cannot put an SM unit into play with a Y'varn trigger.

From the LoD rules sheet (emphasis mine):

"The Necrons player is permitted to deploy or put into play unit cards from his enslaved faction in addition to Necrons and neutral cards he can normally deploy and play. Units from non-enslaved factions, other than Necrons or neutral units, cannot enter play that round under the Necrons player's control."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sb so
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot. We played with this ad-hoc rule, as it seems correctly. I had doubts that "enter play" is comprising "put into play", maybe because "put into play" felt so "general" in core set times.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbso wrote:
I had doubts that "enter play" is comprising "put into play", maybe because "put into play" felt so "general" in core set times.

This is actually covered by the RRG (page 8, In Play And Out Of Play):

"A card enters play when it moves from an out of play origin to a play area."

I freaking love how comprehensive Conquest's rules are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sb so
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clear and obvious. Didn't find that line in that context.

Case closed. OP embarrassed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.