15 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Still waiting on Kickstarter Scythe? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
qess qess
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was wondering how many are still waiting for their kickstarter Scythe package?
I ordered through a local retailer and there apparently have been some problems and delays, this was in an email I received in the beginning of August.

"Hi! I don't have a good explanation for this, so I'll just tell you what I've been told by Ideaspatcher: You are 1 of 53 backers whose addresses aren't working for FedEx. I've shipped to many of you before at these same addresses, so I don't know why it's a problem now. I also don't know why the warehouse waited until now to tell me this.
[...]
I'm very sorry about this. I'm just as confused and bewildered as you, and I sincerely hope Ideaspatcher is able to complete fulfillment to you on Monday using these updated addresses."

Apparently now the retailer I ordered through decided to go on vacation, which leaves me wondering if we might be the last people in the world still waiting on scythe :-D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Lis
Poland
Grabina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting too
Ideaspatcher sent two pallets with games to wrong retailer in Poland.
Perhaps on Friday we'll receive our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct (two different situations here). The big problem is that Ideaspatcher was supposed to send the big, slow freight shipments 3 weeks ago, but they waited until the last day to send them.

qess, I'm guessing you ordered from https://snydepels.dk. They've received the games, but Kenneth is on vacation. He's trying to figure out a way to get someone else to send them.

Michal, you're referring to Wzorzec and Planszostrefa. Ideaspatcher send Planszostrefa's order within the Wzorzec (their mistake). Fortunately, Wzorzec was very helpful, and I think Planszostrefa received their games from them today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally received mine yesterday... I thought I was last
Well, hope the waiting will not much longer for you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard Mexican customs have been holding up delivery to some people in Mexico who haven't received their games yet. So I don't think you're completely alone - as misery loves company laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they're causing trouble for a retail backer in Mexico.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My box arrived today at my local postal office and they want to charge me over US$300 in taxes. Usually it's 60% of what you paid.

Tomorrow I will fill up some forms and ask them to review this giving all the proof I have that I paid half of what they are asking me.

So I still have to wait a few weeks to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a huge markup. I'm really sorry about that, Flavio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Wow, that's a huge markup. I'm really sorry about that, Flavio.

Thanks, Jamey. But it's how things work around here. They put the value they want without researching or anything.

It happened the same to a few people here in Brazil. It sucks but we kinda knew that this could happen. Hopefully I can sort everything out tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Cross
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
Vita alea est
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for 3 CEs + extra set of resources. Combined backing with my brother and a friend. Our package sent by French postal system, it has disappeared off the radar since the 2nd August with unchanging message: "your parcel has left the country of origin".

Nothing to do but swallow my jealous disappointment and wait. I am (and continue to be) a huge fan of Stonemaier games and Jamey, but I would not have backed the kickstarter if I knew the package was to be sent by surface mail. I was relying on the repeated confirmations that FedEx was the courier.

Ideaspatcher has not responded to my query of how and why FedEx would reject a perfectly normal suburban address in the largest city in South Africa. I had Cthulhu Wars delivered via FedEx promptly with no problems. Well, "promptly" means a two year delay, whereas Scythe is still within its target month!!

I wonder if Ideaspatcher is just inept or are in actual financial trouble? Cheap packaging and large/bulk orders left to last minute, or sent by cheapest method makes me suspicious that they have been feeding lies to Stonemaier. Either way, they've almost soiled an otherwise sterling experience, right at the finish line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries Tyson. I am also waiting (same as many other) for my Scythe. Ideaspatcher combined "our" order with someone elses... And someone else got 2 huge boxes of games instead of one small box Fortunatelly mystery was solved so hopefully i will get my copy tomorrow, right before weekend But i think that even Sherlock Holmes would not be able to solve ideaspatcher mysterious ways of doing their job...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Rathleff
Denmark
flag msg tools
I am also waiting for my copy ordered through the local retailer. I am just happy the shipment didnt get lost so I would have to pay ebay prices to get my copy.

Btw Jamey when is the next kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Copies ordered by Planszostrefa in Poland arrived. Today they sent my box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyson: Yeah, that South Africa orders have taken quite a while to get to South Africa and get through customs. I set aside some copies in case they don't arrive within the next 1-2 weeks; please let me know. Ideaspatcher was supposed to use FedEx, and I'm sorry they didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kim: I think your retailer has received their copies, and I'm sorry it took so long.

I don't think we'll be doing a Kickstarter again for quite a while, at least not for our next game, Charterstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.