Subject: Just need 2 clarificiations... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Horror Checks - so if a monster is directly adjacent to someone, but theres a door pictures between the two rooms, no horror check?

2. When a monste moves, if its that it moves towards the nearest investigator but its already in the same space as one...does the monster not move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct. Doors block range measurements.

2. Also correct. The closest investigator is the one in its space, so it doesn't move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the previous edition plus all other Lovecraftian games from FFGs (MoM 1ed/Arkham Horror/ Eldritch Horror,etc.), wasn't the "Horror Checks " done as soon as the Monster appears in your space, thematically...why is it done after they move and attack in this new Edition? I'm just wondering... why after the Star Spawn appears....moves and rips you a "New one"...then you check for a Horror Check?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bozarth
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this new edition you take a horror check every round from monsters. I think the thematic intention is that everything in the mythos phase is kind of happening at the same time and the monster continues to be horrifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the management of Horror checks at the end of the round makes better sense from the accountancy perspective, but I do agree that it seems less thematic than the method from the first edition. *monster bursts into the room, everyone screams!*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.