john greeb
msg tools
mb

https://www.amazon.com/Grey-Fox-Games-Deception-Murder/dp/B0...

According to CCC, this is the lowest Amazon price.

Seems to be about $30 elsewhere so you save a couple $$ but the free Prime shipping makes the deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Very intrigued by this one, but not sure I need another "Resistance with a twist" - without derailing the Hot Deal discussion here, anyone want to weigh in on why they are jumping on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Von Duck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's a Hot Deal.

How could I pass it up at this price.

Even if I never, ever get it to the table.

Ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
psytrooper wrote:
Very intrigued by this one, but not sure I need another "Resistance with a twist" - without derailing the Hot Deal discussion here, anyone want to weigh in on why they are jumping on this?
It's really good, especially for a group of say, five non-gamers. It feels like a mixture of Resistance and Mysterium IMO, but it's more accessible than either of those. It wasn't a huge hit among my hardcore euro buddies, but it's certainly earned a spot in my collection. My go-to game for mixed, casual play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dancause

Lunenburg
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I concur on this. It's a really fun game that plays good with 5, but really gets better with 6+ and appeals to gamers and non-gamers. It's been a huge hit with my lunchtime work group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vaillancourt
United States
Dartmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reimschiissel
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still there you just have to select it from the other sellers section. 27.12 Prime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beez Neez
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I really, really liked this one, and I don't usually like these types of hidden role games too much. The big difference for me was that people were focused more on the clues, and what set of murder weapon/objects they seemed to point towards, rather than focusing on determining the innocence/guilt of the actual players. This made it much more pleasant for me, as there was less "I think SHE'S" lying" (often coupled with actual finger pointing), and more just referencing objects associated with the players.

Tl;dr, a much nicer hidden role game, but where that doesn't detract from it.

Also, some of the clues were surprisingly graphic. I liked it, but not particularly family friendly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
psytrooper wrote:

But it's soooooooo good. Very different feel from Resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch the Dice Tower marathon in which they played this to get a feel for it.

http://youtu.be/tcRefAImvjs

(Setup at 2 hr 33 min)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grithog wrote:
Watch the Dice Tower marathon in which they played this to get a feel for it.

http://youtu.be/tcRefAImvjs

(Setup at 2 hr 33 min)

Man they looked like they were having a bummer of the time. I hope this was around 2am.

EDIT: Never mind, the second round was a lot more lively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.