Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Childress
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't got to play the game yet, but I have been reading through the rules and have saw some of the cards that are in the game. I'm slightly confused about cards that remove resources from other players. Two cards that I have found that do this are Asteroid and Giant Ice Asteroid.

Asteroid's text states, "...Remove up to 3 plants from any player.", and its iconography shows three separate plants with red bordered icons. Giant Ice Asteroid's text states, "...Remove up to 12 plants from your opponents.", and its iconography shows -12 next to a red bordered plant icon.

My question is, why does Asteroid's text seem to insinuate that all plants have to be taken from one player while Giant Ice Asteroid's text seems to insinuate that the plants taken can be split up between opponents? The iconography doesn't seem to show the difference clearly between the two. The symbol description for red-bordered resources in the back of the rule book makes it seem like they can only be removed from one player, so is the Giant Ice Asteroid's text just worded badly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hasse
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are old versions of the cards. In the copy I got at Gen Con, both read "Remove up to X plants from any player." (Giant Ice Asteroid now only takes 6 plants too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, for simplicity, each negative effect can only target one player. The iconography usually shows separate resource icons for up to three resources and a single icon with a number for higher values. Exception with M€ and with cards where this gets overly crowded or confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Childress
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah okay. Thanks for the responses. I guess I should have just waited to play my friend's copy before posting .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Frantz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing under the assumption that the removed resources go back to the supply and are not stolen. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unless it says "steal", as it does on for example "Hired Raiders". Remove means that no-one gets them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.