Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes the maneuver is listed with white text on a black bubble. Most times it is the opposite. I had a look through the rules and didn't find an explanation. I looked over the map trying to find a commonality but failed to find it. Mars, Venus and Earth orbit maneuvers are black but Mercury landing and take-off are both white. The moon is one white and one black! Anyone know what this indicates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
San Jose?
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The bubble is light when on a dark background and dark when on a light background.

In other words, it's just there to add contrast, making the numbers easier to read. It has no mechanical effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh...thanks, Joe. Classic case of thinking something had to be more complicated than it was and so I looked at the wrong things to find the clue. Reminds me of a great scene from an old Bruce Lee film.

It's like a finger pointing away to the moon...

Don't look at the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim MacKenzie
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same confusion about manoeuvres the first time we played the game, too, so it might be worth noting in the rulebook that the colour is only for contrast and has no game effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Vogel

Liberty Township
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was wondering if we were playing the game correctly. We used small missions to test and thus remove cards from the rocket and other items?

Thus when we did these there would be no cards left and thus the next mission was a success and we thought that was to easy. So is there something wrong in the way we played the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim MacKenzie
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamer1001 wrote:
I was wondering if we were playing the game correctly. We used small missions to test and thus remove cards from the rocket and other items?

Thus when we did these there would be no cards left and thus the next mission was a success and we thought that was to easy. So is there something wrong in the way we played the game?

This is correct - the problem is that time is marching on. And if one of your opponents decides to take some risks, he could attain accomplishments before you do if you are testing things thoroughly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.