Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LUDOFACT!

And to think this game couldn't impress more... There is now a 5/6 player expansion (that can also integrate into the base game, and has unique vamps and campaign as well), now we find out who will be doing justice to those renders...

With all the cool stretch goals already, and all the gameplay info available, this one is really shaping up to be something special!

So excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats DGG, that's a fantastic choice! Very happy about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B

Virginia
msg tools
Thumbs up to DGG. The more that gets worked out / revealed, the better it gets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What other games has Ludofact done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B

Virginia
msg tools
A little game called Dark Souls is coming up.
The comments had a list of other games. All around the community seems vary happy about the decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:

They have done games for FFG and CMON (among others). It looks like Conan and Dark Souls miniatures were done by them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Space Cadets: Away Missions. Beautiful Minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, SC:AM minis are very nice! Especially the painted set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deena Pilgrim
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
rvinyard wrote:

They have done games for FFG and CMON (among others). Blood Rage miniatures were done by them.

no, Blood Rage miniatures were done by Dust Studios, as are the minis from "The Others" and "Conan".

https://www.facebook.com/bloodragegame/posts/782454708497902

Quote:

Part of my job is to make sure that the miniatures we are making, are going to work well for production – and that is where the great talents and knowledge of Paolo Parente came in. Paolo (apart from being an incredible artist) runs Dust Studios, and has pushed PVC production to levels I never thought possible. When I saw the first production run they did for The Others miniatures, I was astounded – as was everyone who saw them at GenCon last year. I knew with them doing the production on Blood Rage – we’d be in very safe hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to other posts here and elsewhere, regarding Conan, Dust did the molds but Ludo did the production...

"From the designer himself : molds are made by Dust Studio, production is made by Ludofact Asia, using the same PVC as the one used in the Dust minis."

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1312349/minis-be-produced-l...

Did that change to Dust doing it all, or the other way around?

This was posted regarding Dark Souls. I guess the mention of Zombicide/Blood Rage doesnt necessarily mean Ludomdid them, but that is what I assumed reading this:

"Frank Jaeger about 1 hour ago

Wow, wow, wow. This is a bit crazy. Time for me to jump in and clarify a few things from the production side which I can do easier than Steamforged can.

Okay, about the miniatures. SFG has answered, but I am happy to do it again:
Scale will be "heroic", usually 32mm. Bigger would not be good. I know. I know the Gaping Dragon. Wait and see, you will all want it. I know I do!

Those will be PVC miniatures. Of course. And, by the way, yes: Chinese PVC. Since I am not planning on having a conversation with them, I don't care where the PVC was made. China is absolutely top notch when it comes to injection moulding. Now, back @ topic: PVC is the best material for this. Resin is expensive and breaks easily, HIPS is unforgiving when it comes to releasing it from moulds. And: it also breaks easily. Usually it is used for bases and such only. So PVC is not "only PVC", it is "fortunately PVC!". No broken swords, arrowheads or tentacles. As a gamer I'd say: Give me PVC, SFG! Here we go (thumping rhythm starts) ... Gimme PVC, friends at SFG, or you are to blame, if I won't back your game… (Labels: for recording contracts contact my agent).

Miniatures come preassembled. Apart from the fact that SFG said so from the start, I would have tried to convince them of it. I am a gamer, not a model builder. And since one of the minis we are working on consists of at least eleven parts… oh, but I should not say that. Hush, hush, Frank.

Box insert: this question has been raised many hundred comments further down. Let me give you my personal point of view which is NOT SFG's, just to make that clear. So: what you want is a "jack of all trades"-device. Cannot work. If we have an insert it will only work for the retail game version content. Now, if you ever looked at the miniature games that have been made you will see that the storage of minis is actually pretty difficult. I hate to try to get them back into the tray (Zombicide or Blood Rage, for example). My Zombicide minis are in PE bags now. But we are looking into that as well, just need the campaign to be done, pledge manager run and then we can do the fine tuning. The biggest work actually comes *after* the campaign, But the retail version will have some kind of inlay, and all the stretch goals will NOT fit in. The retail game would look really strange with space for expansions and SGs, especially if those become more than the retail version entails. And it does look like that is going to happen...

Cheers
Frank Jaeger
LUDO FACT"

http://forums.steamforged.com/index.php?/topic/33021-great-l...

Either way, I think the minis are in good hands with Ludo Fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
HIPS is unforgiving when it comes to releasing it from moulds. And: it also breaks easily.

That may not be very accurate.

From scale model companies to gaming figure companies I have a BUNCH of HIPS stuff. If it was 'unforgiving when it comes to releasing it from moulds' companies like Tamiya (scale models) or Warlord (gaming figures and vehicles) would not use it for figures they are mass producing...

As for 'breaks easily'. I don't buy off on that either. I guess it does not bend like PVC plastics do, but I've used figures and models made of it for decades and not found it to be all that breakable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a lot of the miniatures in board games like Zombicide etc are PVC though, aren't they?

I am not up on all of the different materials used, but I have heard about resin breaking easily... Dunno about HIPS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Yes, SC:AM minis are very nice! Especially the painted set

Yes they were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

The minis may be good looking but the cards and tokens are awful and look really really cheap (IMO).
How it's possible is beyond me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
HIPS is unforgiving when it comes to releasing it from moulds.

Quote:

From scale model companies to gaming figure companies I have a BUNCH of HIPS stuff. If it was 'unforgiving when it comes to releasing it from moulds' companies like Tamiya (scale models) or Warlord (gaming figures and vehicles) would not use it for figures they are mass producing...

This information is totally correct. HIPS is too stiff to pull out of molds with undercuts. This is why scale models (Tamiya tanks, Revell planes, etc) are cut in to several parts - to remove the undercuts.

I have 28mm fantasy miniature that is made from HIPS. It very well made, with lots of detail. But is it in 22 parts.

Also people complain about HIPS being 2.5D, not 3D. Imagine the mold in a position where you lift it vertically to release it. There will be a lot of detail in the vertical direction, but much less in the horizontal, again because of undercuts.

I like my HIPS minis, but they are not perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

This information is totally correct. HIPS is too stiff to pull out of molds with undercuts. This is why scale models (Tamiya tanks, Revell planes, etc) are cut in to several parts - to remove the undercuts.

I have 28mm fantasy miniature that is made from HIPS. It very well made, with lots of detail. But is it in 22 parts.

Also people complain about HIPS being 2.5D, not 3D. Imagine the mold in a position where you lift it vertically to release it. There will be a lot of detail in the vertical direction, but much less in the horizontal, again because of undercuts.

I like my HIPS minis, but they are not perfect.

Never claimed they are perfect. I claimed I have many HIPS figures from gaming companies, and I do. Yes, they are multipart (don't think any are 20+ parts) and I very seriously doubt companies mass producing HIPS figures would do so if they were difficult to remove from the mold.

The quote I replied to does not mention undercuts as a reason. I can show multiple examples of mass produced HIPS figures that if they were 'difficult to remove' would not be mass produced.

So, when you leave out the caveat of undercuts which you inserted, not the original post, my assessment stands. The information/quote I replied to is not accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still, what is the point? We arent talking miniature wargames here, we are talking board game miniatures.

How many BOARD games use HIPS? A handful at best? Those that I've read have had issues during/after production (Demigods, and I guess Shadows of Brimstone as well). But again, we are talking a board game here, pre-assembled/one piece miniatures. I only posted those articles in relation to the manufacturer and relation to Conan/Dark Souls. Not to have a debate over materials...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, one pretty decent example is Space Hulk. Great figures, most in two parts. Clearly it can be done.

And what is the point? Pretty fricking simple. I saw an inaccurate statement and pointed out it is inaccurate. Anything but deflection to contradict my point on your part?

Again:

Quote:

Quote:

Where was I wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
Well, one pretty decent example is Space Hulk. Great figures, most in two parts. Clearly it can be done.

Space Hulk was the first that came to mind... then HeroQuest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.