Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I were playing, and came across what felt like a really simple question, but we weren't sure what to do. He was playing the humans, and battled (and lost), against the Trogs. So he had to retreat. He was adjacent to an area with no minis, but a Trog token, that he controlled due to either the Scouting skill or the Airfield building. So:

1) Can he retreat there? And assuming so,
2) Would that trigger a battle, even though we were already in the "battle resolution" phase? Or would a battle begin during the next turn automatically? Or would you wait to start a battle until someone moved another troop into that region?

Thanks in advance!
Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mjortman wrote:
A friend and I were playing, and came across what felt like a really simple question, but we weren't sure what to do. He was playing the humans, and battled (and lost), against the Trogs. So he had to retreat. He was adjacent to an area with no minis, but a Trog token, that he controlled due to either the Scouting skill or the Airfield building. So:

1) Can he retreat there? And assuming so,
2) Would that trigger a battle, even though we were already in the "battle resolution" phase? Or would a battle begin during the next turn automatically? Or would you wait to start a battle until someone moved another troop into that region?

Thanks in advance!
Matt

You can only retreat into an adjacent controlled Region. The only way you can control an adjacent friend is if you are the humans and have used Skills/Structures to place a control token. If this were the case:

1. You'd move into the Controlled Region
2. You'd resolve the Trog token
3. You'd place the next subsequent battle token and resolve it that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario you described is what was happening. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that somehow.

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thing I took a leap and guessed! I'm here if you need anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.