A friend and I were playing, and came across what felt like a really simple question, but we weren't sure what to do. He was playing the humans, and battled (and lost), against the Trogs. So he had to retreat. He was adjacent to an area with no minis, but a Trog token, that he controlled due to either the Scouting skill or the Airfield building. So:
1) Can he retreat there? And assuming so,
2) Would that trigger a battle, even though we were already in the "battle resolution" phase? Or would a battle begin during the next turn automatically? Or would you wait to start a battle until someone moved another troop into that region?
Thanks in advance!
You can only retreat into an adjacent controlled Region. The only way you can control an adjacent friend is if you are the humans and have used Skills/Structures to place a control token. If this were the case:
1. You'd move into the Controlled Region
2. You'd resolve the Trog token
3. You'd place the next subsequent battle token and resolve it that round.