21 Posts

Legendary: Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Squirrel Girl rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Posa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the text says "you can't fight Squirrel Girl if you played more than one card this turn". Okay, that means one card with 3 or more strike will take her out, but does that mean I can't then recruit? If I do the attack first, does that then nullify the text, or does her power limit what I can do in a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played is past tense. You can't fight her if you played more than one card before fighting her. What you do after fighting her, including playing lots more cards, is entirely up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That seemed to make her too easy to beat, so I second-guessed the interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DylanP wrote:
Thanks! That seemed to make her too easy to beat, so I second-guessed the interpretation.

Her Fight text basically nullifies cards such as Elektra's common that gives you a bonus if it's the first card you've played this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also requires 3 attack from a single card. A lot of cards that give a base of three attack have bonuses conditional on playing other cards first, so she would stop you from getting those.

Interestingly, a spider-friends deck based on 2 cost cards, would have some trouble hitting her. Spider-Gwen and Symbiote Spider-Man could do it. Spider-man, Silk and Ultimate Spider-man would have trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok new game, list the heroes who cannot defeat Squirrel Girl:

I already had Spider-Man, Silk and Ultimate Spider-Man (enough for a solo game).

X-Men Wolverine
EDIT (adding others):
Agent Venom
Peter Parker
Silver Surfer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Mikic
msg tools
mbmbmb
yeah x-man wolverine counts drawn cards and needs yellow to trigger his draw 3.

I am fairly sure agent venom also cant, not able to check but am sure the highest damage printed is 2 and others require other cards being played to become better than 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call, I think you're right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added Silver Surfer and Peter Parker too. I think they're the only other ones who can't do it from hero expansions (not sure if there's anyone in the villains line).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
GUYS SHE'S UNBEATABLE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
GUYS SHE'S UNBEATABLE.

Only if you play with some combination of the Heroes above.

...and that's exactly why I thought it was fun to figure out who couldn't beat her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicolas murphy
msg tools
I think the main issue with Squirrel Girl is when she comes out. We played a few games last night, and in one of the games she was the second Villain to come out. This caused a lot of problems for us, because we didn't have any 3-attack cards yet because they tend to be much more expensive. But her second version came out late in the game and she wasn't an issue at all. So I think she's fun, it just depends on when she comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
GUYS SHE'S UNBEATABLE.

I think the joke may have been lost on some, so here's a visual to go with the words

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Gilbert
msg tools
Also remember that defeating a villain is different than fighting them. So you can proc Stature's divided care and just defeat her without any issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GideonWyatt wrote:
So you can proc Stature's divided care and just defeat her without any issues.

There's that "proc" thing again....going off the explanation in the other thread, this is an event triggered by another event, right?

I don't have the cards in front of me so, based on that, you're saying a player could just use Stature's Divided card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
GideonWyatt wrote:
So you can proc Stature's divided care and just defeat her without any issues.

There's that "proc" thing again....going off the explanation in the other thread, this is an event triggered by another event, right?

I don't have the cards in front of me so, based on that, you're saying a player could just use Stature's Divided card?

Stature has a card that has a Strength trigger that lets you defeat any villain with printed 3 hit, defeat not fight so you don't have to worry about any fight limitations. So play a green then play that card and you can have Squirrel Girl even though you've played more than one card. Not the only way to do it on not the first card, but a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Monson
Australia
Heathmont
VIC
flag msg tools
mb
Defeat still needs to resolve fight effects

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/999892/defeat-vs-fight-agai...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squirrel Girl's can't fight is a restriction not an effect. Fight effects still happen but fight restrictions don't. Keep reading the thread you linked and you'll see the post from designer Devin Low that says that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I played this set-up:

M: Authoritarian Iron Man
S: Predict Future Crime
V: Superhuman Registration Act, Great Lakes Avengers, Mandroids
H: Captain America: Secret Avenger, Cloak & Dagger, Goliath

I ended up with Squirrel Girl stuck for ages in the space Iron Man was fortifying so I needed 6 attack with one card to beat her, which I don't think was actually possible. Stupidly I kept knocking down the villains in city spaces to the right of her as that was all I could attack and so she was stuck there for a good long while meaning I couldn't hit Iron Man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClimbingInEriador wrote:
I think the main issue with Squirrel Girl is when she comes out. We played a few games last night, and in one of the games she was the second Villain to come out. This caused a lot of problems for us, because we didn't have any 3-attack cards yet because they tend to be much more expensive. But her second version came out late in the game and she wasn't an issue at all. So I think she's fun, it just depends on when she comes out.

Sometimes you just have to let certain Villains go. I was playing a game with The Blob who cannot be defeated unless you have an X-Men card. I was not playing with any X-Men.

It took a long time for him to escape because I kept the City pretty clear. But that's all I could do.

I actually think it would be cool if there were a Villain that had this text, "You cannot Fight this Villain."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do that quite a bit - if the plot/scheme doesn't rely on counting escaped villains, sometimes it's better to let them escape so you can marshal your forces against the Mastermind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.