Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally won at this (insert explicatives) game! Been playing it since Christmas and haven't won, ever (over 25 games). That is all.

Final score = 50 flat.

I'm gonna go cry now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I can't belive it!
Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not alone - I have never won either!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! The first win is often the sweetest. I've played the game probably 30+ times now, and I've won maybe 3 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Gusmeroli
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a little OT, but how long do you guys take to finish a game?
Mine are about 1-hour long wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Daaang that's a long time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youren
United States
Lincoln City
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally about 40 minutes but I am usually so into the game that my sense of time is pretty much suspended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GThreepwood wrote:
a little OT, but how long do you guys take to finish a game?
Mine are about 1-hour long wow

I think it took me exactly 60 minutes but there was beers and randomly searching the Internet for things involved so I was taking my time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
Closest I've gotten was one health away. I died on the last pirate... if I could have drawn one more card, I would have won.

One of these days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
Closest I've gotten was one health away. I died on the last pirate... if I could have drawn one more card, I would have won.

One of these days!

That sucks. Before I've only made it to the pirates once and usually lose in the green. This time I think on the way to the showdown I had 2 times where I had to rely on drawing a 3 and did so I got really lucky on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akshay P
United States
Whidbey Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Congrats!!

I actually got the game today and was pleased about how easy it is to learn. played 2 games and farthest I got was the yellow phase. Game is definitely pretty challenging to win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Avilés
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! I had not beat the game yet. Is a brutal game and I love it! I have played it around 10 times. It is very engaging. I have gotten as far as 3 cards left on the red hazard deck. Not even to the pirates... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just beat it today! Final score of 55. Won on my 10th try. Woohoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just played for the first time and lost in the yellow phase. This is on "level one" - are you all playing on level four or, do you not count level one wins as wins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thrasymedes wrote:
I just played for the first time and lost in the yellow phase. This is on "level one" - are you all playing on level four or, do you not count level one wins as wins?

My win was level one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
79strat wrote:
thrasymedes wrote:

My win was level one.

Mine too. No way I'm ready for level 4 laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Quallen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thrasymedes wrote:

I play all games on level 4 at this point. However Friday is a difficult game and requires quite some persistence before beating it even on level one. Congratulations to the new winners in this thread! Don't discount your wins because it's only on level 1. I think I must have played 20-25 games of level 1 before beating it--just like the OP.

Of course now you all need to move up to level 2, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
"Everybody relax, I’m here."
badge
"Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we’re not back by dawn… call the President."
mbmbmbmbmb
79strat wrote:
I finally won at this (insert explicatives) game! Been playing it since Christmas and haven't won, ever (over 25 games). That is all.

Final score = 50 flat.

I'm gonna go cry now.

I know how you feel (finally). After somewhere around 12-15 tries, I finally won! And it was a definitive victory, scoring 113 points (ended with 7 life left and only 6 unbeaten hazard cards).

But to be honest, just about everything fell into place for me. I kept getting the cards I needed and my pirates were the 20 and 25 point cards.

The key for me was easing back a notch on playing the hardest hazard cards in the first round and focusing on getting all of the +x card(s) possible. I also chose destroy over exchange early, allowing me to purge aging cards and starting cards without giving up life. But I think the biggest key was keeping track (on a notepad) in the beginning of what starting cards had already been discarded/purged. It allowed me to make educated decisions as to which hazard to face, based on the cards left in my draw stack.

The only downside is I'm so excited about winning that I'm up at 1 am on a work night typing this. snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my first win tonight. I had pirates 30 and 52, and I couldn't believe the amount of book keeping required for the second one! Normal loss point for me is the mid-yellow phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K'Trazz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are making me feel bad. I lost my first game with a -3 score and just won the second with a score of 44. And on the second game, I forgot one of the starting cards had +2 life on it and removed it from the game early. modest

Edit: O.K. I just won my third game and it was GLORIOUS! My next to last action was to copy a +1 card just to have the last aging card come up at the perfect time for me destroy it. I squeaked like a little girl! Final score: 100!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to question if you're playing correctly if you won on your 2nd game lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also won on my second play. It was pretty tight, but I managed to beat the last pirate through clever use of the abilities and free draws (based on abilities). This was on the easiest mode. My first play saw Robinson dead on the yellow level.

I think with a bit of luck early on, it can be won early in the owners plays. I started to understand the combos pretty early on. I usually am not good at these types of games, but I started to see the vision of it pretty quickly. I did watch a couple of videos and read the rule book twice before playing (including the example turns). I doubt I will ever be able to beat this game on harder levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.