Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Vaillancourt
United States
Dartmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So finally got this to the table and on my very 1st roll I get Minions. I roll a 5, consult the table and it says "d3 Trolls."

I'm assuming this is a typo and is supposed to say "d6 Trolls" but wanted to check with you all to see if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a typo as it's in a previous version of the rules as well. Trolls can be tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E r i c k N. B o u c h a r d
Canada
Stoneham
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1d3 is roleplaying game slang for "roll a six sided die and divide by two".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vaillancourt
United States
Dartmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silenceindigo wrote:
1d3 is roleplaying game slang for "roll a six sided die and divide by two".

Hmmmm, that's one thing I had thought of. Thanks for the confirmation. I'm kinda diggin' this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eurek
Italy
Milano
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question on trolls regenerating ability.

- do I roll every attack turn for regeneration or just the turn after having the troll killed? I played every turn until chopped
- should I roll a modified 10 (thus sufficient for giving 2 wounds to a lev 5 troll) can I kill and chop the troll to avoid it regenerates? I assumed yes.
- on the morale rolls. I played as the trolls roll morale only when killed & chopped reduced down to 50% total minions, not only if killed. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Lunsford
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the other typos and ambiguities in the rule book, and considering that a "d3" is not mentioned elsewhere, I'm inclined to think it may be a typo, as well.

However, for now, I'm playing it as written. I roll a d6 and spawn 1 troll for a result of 1 or 2, 2 trolls for a result of 3 or 4, and 3 trolls for a result of 5 or 6.

Hope to get a more definite answer if/when the rule book is updated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.