8 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » General

Subject: Hidden Information? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
Does this game have any hidden information? Just wondering if it can be soloed easily by simply playing 2 or 3 separate setups? Many war games without hidden information work great like this and it is a new way to explore different strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you'd be fine playing left v right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you know what the other "person" is going to play, I think that would take a lot away from the game. Part of the game is not knowing what they will play and how many open slots they may have and when you go.

Certainly you could play solo and play w hands under the assumption that you are playing each hand independently of the other hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can compartmentalize well, you won't know what the other player is planning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two parts to my reply.

First, you can absolutely play FCM like a wargame taking all sides as there is almost no hidden information. The same flaws apply though. And just like wargames, it is always better against a human that might surprise you and play a strategy that you have never thought of. And there is certainly a TON of ways to play FCM. It is a deep game. But solo will tell it's own story.

Second, there is one thing that is hidden. Each player puts in a reserve card at the beginning of the game that changes the length of the game but you don't know what the other players put in reserve (if you play other humans). After the bank breaks once (meaning all of the starting money in the bank is earned by the players), the reserve amounts are revealed. These reserve cards determine how much money will go in the bank for the second half of the game. So your strategy for the game will be different depending on if the game is a long game or a short game. More money in reserve means a longer game.

But this should not deter you from playing solo. In fact, you have inspired me to give it a run solo. I don't know why I haven't thought to do that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sircaradoc wrote:
Well, if you know what the other "person" is going to play, I think that would take a lot away from the game. Part of the game is not knowing what they will play and how many open slots they may have and when you go.

Exactly this.

A large part of the fun is figuring out how your opponents' corporate structures will look for the round and trying to outwit your opponents by doing something they won't expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 hidden informations.

- The reserve cards that each player select at the beginning of the game. But I guess it won't affect much knowing this if you play all side.
- The employee players will use each turn. This would prevent some dirty play, but in the end, doesn't change much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:
sircaradoc wrote:

Exactly this.

A large part of the fun is figuring out how your opponents' corporate structures will look for the round and trying to outwit your opponents by doing something they won't expect.

Yes, this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.