Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben M
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all - has anyone received their KS copy of the game yet? According to the demo on the BGG GenCon feed, they're being mailed out now. So excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been no update on the Kickstarter site, since July 19. The last update said they would notify us when the game was delivered to the fulfillment center. Since we have not been notified, I am assuming that we are in yet another delay, and that they are not being shipped yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn S
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone seen their copy yet? Last Friday I received a mail saying the game had arrived at the fulfillment center. Pretty excited to finally try the game cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben M
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not yet, but I assume they were mailed out on Monday or Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you read through the updates it sounds like the fulfillment center is in China, not sure how soon we can expect them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
It's really disheartening for the communication of this KS to have become so vague. Even the recent update is...strange. They say it's shipping now but no one has seen anything, there are no shipping notices, and there's a very weird comment about how the fulfillment center is gathering cardboard for "most" pledges, but "some" will be shipped in bubble mailers.

They started the KS with great communication and it's gotten very odd towards the end here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
'Strange' is being very generous in my opinion. Quite frankly, to be honest, they have been outright misleading and disrespectful to their backers shake

To be more to the point, they placed an update that clearly said the game was done and shipping was underway. What they failed to mention was that 'shipping' was to the warehouse.....not out to backers.... And they didnt even bother to follow up or clear the confusion.

I asked about the card sizes here on BGG months ago, and still not a response. Many people have been asking things on the KS page... very very few get addressed, most are just ignored.

A few setbacks regarding the color palette were also brought up a couple months ago ... I saw a couple responses that said the correction that needed to be made could be done in just a day or two (themselves being qualified to answer as they either work and/or are knowledgable in the printing field), yet they needed several weeks to correct it pushing back the release even further.

IMHO, I'll never back anything from this company again. The have shown nothing but serious lack of communication, incompetance, and an overall negative attitude from their supporters. The idea that this is just a card game with no board, minis, or any other major components, with a KS that ended Nov of last year and we still dont have it in hand is appalling.

Sorry... You got me this time... But never again ! I honestly couldnt care less to play this anymore at this point in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dickman
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
kpishnery wrote:
It's really disheartening for the communication of this KS to have become so vague. Even the recent update is...strange. They say it's shipping now but no one has seen anything, there are no shipping notices, and there's a very weird comment about how the fulfillment center is gathering cardboard for "most" pledges, but "some" will be shipped in bubble mailers.

They started the KS with great communication and it's gotten very odd towards the end here.

I come to check the status of this and a month later we're still here. Their emails really made it sound like they were ready to ship, but there's still nothing.

Compare this to the Secret Hitler campaign, which I thought was completely transparent (and some people were STILL complaining that it wasn't fast or clear enough) and you'll see how some of these companies on Kickstarter are really dropping the ball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben M
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On 9/13, they said that almost all the games had shipped and that it would take 2-4 weeks. We are officially in that window; so hopefully people will now be receiving their games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bendelker wrote:
On 9/13, they said that almost all the games had shipped and that it would take 2-4 weeks. We are officially in that window; so hopefully people will now be receiving their games...

I admire your optimism Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn S
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Mine has arrived today!
So, I'm hoping al backers should have their copies by the end of this week, although I assume it may depend on where you live?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is the first confirmed shipping of this game. Congratulations!

That means that at least one game has been shipped. Which makes it a lot more credible that, in fact, all the games have shipped.

Now, bring it on, postal service!

(If you happen to find traces of cynicism in this post, you can keep them and use them for good.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jans
Belgium
Ham
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine also arrived!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am very pleased that at least some people have received their game, I am also extremely disappointed to find out today that my game has just now (Oct. 12) left the Shanghai sorting facility. So I guess I hope I will have it by Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rod3556lhs wrote:
While I am very pleased that at least some people have received their game, I am also extremely disappointed to find out today that my game has just now (Oct. 12) left the Shanghai sorting facility. So I guess I hope I will have it by Christmas!

My tracking (which arrived today) says it left China on 10/10. According to the KS, it should have arrived around 10/10.

Crappy, misleading communication
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben M
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here...

I've been patient throughout this process, but man does this really test my limits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Me too, just got my tracking number and it's still in Shanghai. When will KS runners learn to not share info unless they're sure of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dickman
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Magic Pink wrote:
Me too, just got my tracking number and it's still in Shanghai. When will KS runners learn to not share info unless they're sure of it?

I'm in this position too... a week later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in Germany yesterday. It had been sent from the Netherlands. The boxes were in great condition and tightly wrapped in air thingies.

No parts were missing from the one box I opened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben M
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I received a tracking number two weeks ago, but so far, there have been no updates since 10/11.

For those who received their games already, did you also find a large gap between when you received your tracking # and when the game actually arrived?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a tracking number that never worked. I did get the game today. One corner of the tin is crushed, but... it was a great packing job. The damage had to occur at the factory.

Not that big a deal as the contents are fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Carter
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the tracking notification on the 12th and the package arrived today. The tracking information didn't show anything different until today either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Ben. There was a huge gap. My tracking showed leaving Shanghai on October 12, then I had nothing on tracking until yesterday when it showed it arriving in Los Angeles on Oct. 17. This morning, all of sudden, it showed up on my door step! I am in Kansas. So, if you are in LA I have to to imagine yours will arrive very soon. You are much closer to China than Kansas is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben M
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll give it a few more days before I start raising an official ruckus.

But yes, it's really bizarre to me that your copy made it to KS before mine even has arrived in LA, despite my package having an earlier post date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine showed up yesterday but the tracking never updated. Happily, it was in perfect condition unlike a lot of other backers' copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.