Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to save several ongoing games? Has anyone figured this out or is it impossible? I mean I guess I could use two different devices but it would be nice if I could have two or more saves on my iPad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game only saves the current game, no ability to name and save multiple plays. In fact at the moment it can't even save the one game reliably.

The only way I could think of that it would even be remotely possible is with save states, and that would just be way too much trouble even if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've brought this up once or twice, but I'm astounded more people haven't been talking about it. It really is the most glaring design deficiency in the app, imho (bugs aren't design deficiencies in my book, but unexpected deficiencies).

Not sure I agree it would be any trouble. Multiple save slots is pretty standard in the digital world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using the Steam(PC) version of the app, I managed to come up with this method to transfer saves between PCs. Using the same method, you should also be able to backup your current save, start a new game, then restore your old save when you're done (though I haven't tried that myself!)

Re: Saved Games on Steam/PC Version

It's not ideal, but while the app doesn't support multiple save slots, it's about the best we can do.

Hopefully they add the feature at some point (+ some other ideas I've already sent them!) Maybe submit a suggestion, so they know how many people would like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Pudsy wrote:
If you're using the Steam(PC) version of the app, I managed to come up with this method to transfer saves between PCs. Using the same method, you should also be able to backup your current save, start a new game, then restore your old save when you're done (though I haven't tried that myself!)

Re: Saved Games on Steam/PC Version

It's not ideal, but while the app doesn't support multiple save slots, it's about the best we can do.

Hopefully they add the feature at some point (+ some other ideas I've already sent them!) Maybe submit a suggestion, so they know how many people would like it

This method also seems to work if you occasionally save folder and registry entry during game play (in effect backing up the auto-save). This is nice if the auto-save doesn't do it's job (properly).

I have created two batch files that will do the trick (on a Windows-platform). Just save these files in a folder of your choice:

Backup.bat makes a copy of the savegame in a sub map "copy" (which will be created if it doesn't exist) and exports the registry key to a file "savedgame.reg".
Restore.bat copies the savegame back and imports the registryfile "savedgame.reg" into the registry.

Click here to download the files.

Use at your own discretion/risk of course.
goo

(Tip: if you make several folders, each with the two batch files in it, you can make as many savegames as you want)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:
I have created two batch files that will do the trick (on a Windows-platform).

As I said in the other thread, thanks & nice job!
We'll be using that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. I guess I'll use my laptop for home games and my iPad for my game group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TurquoiseKnight wrote:
Thanks all. I guess I'll use my laptop for home games and my iPad for my game group.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but then you will have to buy new content for two platforms. That could get pricey fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
TurquoiseKnight wrote:

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but then you will have to buy new content for two platforms. That could get pricey fast.

Hopefully FFG reads these and makes plans to accommodate multi-platform users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.