11 Posts

Shadows over Camelot» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Here we go rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Newman

Iowa
msg tools
About to play this marvelous game. Anyone got any strategies for me? I hope I'm the trader hehe. Favorite tricks to fool those silly knights?

All the best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandyNewman wrote:
About to play this marvelous game. Anyone got any strategies for me? I hope I'm the trader hehe. Favorite tricks to fool those silly knights?

All the best

I'm sure you're way done with your game now, but making a false accusation gets you a free black sword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

Iowa
msg tools
Yeah turns out I was loyal But get this. We had I think three sword spots left with one black sword and the rest white. I might be misremembering but I'm pretty sure if we got one more white sword we would have guaranteed a win if there are no traitors. Hadn't called anyone out so was a bit of a risk. Anyway we decide to kick some butt quick at the beach quick. Leave Kay to fight siege engines. So the board was starting to look a bit dire with three saxons on the board along with other situations. So we get all the way to 4 on the saxon war. Gets to Sir Galahad who is hopefully going to play a 5 on his heroic action. Had like four spots for siege engines and he has like 3 lives. This dork draws a black card for his evil action!!! Lo and behold it's a dang saxon and we lose the war. I'm like what the heck are you doing??! And he just says oh I forgot I could do other stuff blah blah blah.

Now at this point I'm like this dummy is the traitor. Turns out he wasn't just really stupid. We wind up winning somehow by calling out the real traitor and getting some more swords.

Anyway, have any of you ever seen someone do something so silly? This guy, and I won't name names, has played probably 100 games of Shadows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
My mother in law was the worst traitor I've ever seen. She had a full hand of cards and just kept moving around claiming she couldn't help on any quests...with a full hand of cards. Lol!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rayzor6 wrote:
My mother in law was the worst traitor I've ever seen. She had a full hand of cards and just kept moving around claiming she couldn't help on any quests...with a full hand of cards. Lol!!!!
Did it work though? That's what I was resorted to doing when I had a hand of good cards. Playing Merlin's Company exp., I got the Charged Travel card, and pretended not to have 2 matching cards with a hand of 10 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandyNewman wrote:
Yeah turns out I was loyal But get this. We had I think three sword spots left with one black sword and the rest white. I might be misremembering but I'm pretty sure if we got one more white sword we would have guaranteed a win if there are no traitors. Hadn't called anyone out so was a bit of a risk. Anyway we decide to kick some butt quick at the beach quick. Leave Kay to fight siege engines. So the board was starting to look a bit dire with three saxons on the board along with other situations. So we get all the way to 4 on the saxon war. Gets to Sir Galahad who is hopefully going to play a 5 on his heroic action. Had like four spots for siege engines and he has like 3 lives. This dork draws a black card for his evil action!!! Lo and behold it's a dang saxon and we lose the war. I'm like what the heck are you doing??! And he just says oh I forgot I could do other stuff blah blah blah.

Now at this point I'm like this dummy is the traitor. Turns out he wasn't just really stupid. We wind up winning somehow by calling out the real traitor and getting some more swords.

Anyway, have any of you ever seen someone do something so silly? This guy, and I won't name names, has played probably 100 games of Shadows.

Have had some instances of people doing or saying really dumb stuff and were loyal. Like not defending themselves or even denying it when people start suspecting them. *shrug* oh well, the game would be too easy otherwise, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
rayzor6 wrote:
Did it work though? That's what I was resorted to doing when I had a hand of good cards. Playing Merlin's Company exp., I got the Charged Travel card, and pretended not to have 2 matching cards with a hand of 10 of them.

No...she was called out and busted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman

Iowa
msg tools
About to play again after some banging. Tuco too op!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newman
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
new user
I'm sure you're way way done with your game, but here's a little strategy. Send Falcon to go to the satellite lookout first to scout, then have Captain America follow to take care of all the baddies and say "hi" to his friends along the way. What a great game! 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately_Randy wrote:
I'm sure you're way way done with your game, but here's a little strategy. Send Falcon to go to the satellite lookout first to scout, then have Captain America follow to take care of all the baddies and say "hi" to his friends along the way. What a great game! 3

Um, what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~Ettiene De Grellet
badge
MythicParty is a collaboration of socially-conscious geeks who raise $ to help various charitable causes- thanks to our supporters at Gen Con 2010, we raised $2,052 for an effort to help Gulf Coast recovery. Anyone can get involved just ask me how!
mbmbmbmbmb
Translation: drugs are a helluva drug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.