Weiß Schwarz» Forums » General

Subject: What is this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Local game store was giving these packs away, and I have no idea what exactly I am looking at. There are two piles/decks, each with maybe 20-25 cards. There are also directions/game mat (can't tell because package is sealed).

I assume this is some sort of promo or starter set, but can someone more familiar with the game let me know what exactly I have? Can anyone help out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a promo pack for the game Weiss Schwarz. It's a collectible card game with each set being based on an anime series. It's a lot of fun, but an expensive diversion. The art for the cards is generally pulled directly from the anime (sometimes for better, sometimes worse). The mechanics are relatively easy and a game between experienced players can usually be done in less than 30-45 minutes.

I believe the anime that those cards are based on is http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone out there is interested in this, make an offer and I would happily pass it along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
LordCthulhu wrote:
It's a promo pack for the game Weiss Schwarz. It's a collectible card game with each set being based on an anime series. It's a lot of fun, but an expensive diversion. The art for the cards is generally pulled directly from the anime (sometimes for better, sometimes worse). The mechanics are relatively easy and a game between experienced players can usually be done in less than 30-45 minutes.

I believe the anime that those cards are based on is http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11...

Is there a BGG entry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for each iteration of the game, just for the game as a whole. These forums are for that game as a whole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.