Hide
7 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does bite effect spread to bandits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Just
msg tools
For example, one or two bandits are at the location where someone has died of a tooth bite. What happens to the bandits? All die immediately? Roll exposure die for each? What about if another survive is there with the bandits? Does the bite first spread to survivors before bandits? I do not see anything about this in the rule book. Seems like a miss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that if there is an over run and no survivors, all bandits leave/are removed. But I don't have the exact page in front of me at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just
msg tools
Mools wrote:
The rules say that if there is an over run and no survivors, all bandits leave/are removed. But I don't have the exact page in front of me at the moment.

An overrun is different than a tooth spread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but I've been following the same general principle. That if all characters die from a bite spreading, then the bandits leave just as if it was overrun. Because essentially, that is what a bite spreading would represent - the players becoming zombies and basically overrunning the location.

If a player kills their survivor to stop the spread, and it is the last survivor at a location with bandits, the bandits stay because the threat is gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just
msg tools
Yeah, will probably go with this logic. Just wish it was included. Makes me not too confident they play tested as much as they should have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chemist .
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
guy244 wrote:
Makes me not too confident they play tested as much as they should have.

Don't let these emotions get in the way of the game. It's already out, so just enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:
True, but I've been following the same general principle. That if all characters die from a bite spreading, then the bandits leave just as if it was overrun. Because essentially, that is what a bite spreading would represent - the players becoming zombies and basically overrunning the location.

If a player kills their survivor to stop the spread, and it is the last survivor at a location with bandits, the bandits stay because the threat is gone.

I disagree with this. Bite spreads among player survivors because they are allies and close together.

Bandits are not. They are a separate group entirely. They are not called 'survivors' nor do they have influence rating.

Thus bandits stay around. I'm pretty sure that's the intent of the designer as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.