Subject: Android app works great with ChromeCast rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game tonight. We lost but had a great time.

I ran the app on a Samsung Tab 4 and used Google ChromeCast to display it on a 32" flat screen I have mounted on the wall near my game table. It worked very well, no problems at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vasilas
Sweden
flag msg tools
I tried this from my Sony Xperia Z4 tablet to my ChromeCast. Both the image and the sound from the app was a bit too laggy imo. Was it a smooth experience for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Lundkvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Seems like I'm getting myself a Chromecast in that case! Was thinking of one anyways, and if it really works with this game then it's a no brainer
Do you need an app or software that streams the stuff? (asking because I thought that Chromecast only received audio and video from certain verified sources, like Spotify, YouTube and so on)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vasilas
Sweden
flag msg tools
If your Android device is running Android 4.4.2 or later you can mirror your whole screen to your ChromeCast. No software needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Lundkvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
That's pretty cool, tack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The app worked great with my Apple TV on a 32".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatgreek wrote:
I tried this from my Sony Xperia Z4 tablet to my ChromeCast. Both the image and the sound from the app was a bit too laggy imo. Was it a smooth experience for you?

No noticeable lag at all. It looked and sounded great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narstrand wrote:
Seems like I'm getting myself a Chromecast in that case! Was thinking of one anyways, and if it really works with this game then it's a no brainer
Do you need an app or software that streams the stuff? (asking because I thought that Chromecast only received audio and video from certain verified sources, like Spotify, YouTube and so on)

You need to install the ChromeCast app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.goog..., but it is free.

Then you just turn on your TV, select the ChromeCast as the source and let it boot up if necessary. Once the ChromeCast welcome screen is showing on the TV, run the ChromeCast app, hit the screen mirroring button and select your ChromeCast. At this point you should see your device screen on the TV. Now just run the MoM app normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can confirm this works. Was the first thing I tried after downloading the app! We haven't had a chance to play yet though but I'm looking forward to it. Seems like a great way to keep the group engaged with the app content all at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have multiple devices and are experiencing lag on one, try another device. I've been using my tablet to play normally, but since my GF is coming over tomorrow to play, I decided to give the Chromecast a try. The tablet did okay and it would have been fine, but I decided to give my Galaxy S7 (with all of its extra horsepower over my tablet) a try and everything worked so much better. The resolution was better and the performance is better. I'm also doing this on a Gen 1 Chromecast, btw.

***If you do use a Galaxy phone and it has the Game Tuner installed, you can actually apply the targeted framerate, texture quality and resolution ratio. This can help you further customize to the desired experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Pictures please

Here you go. The game was mostly put away, but I set the app up so you can see the tablet and TV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SWEET!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.