$35.00
Craig Lee
msg tools
I just got the HMS Bounty and am wondering what the intended use of the Pavel Chehov from the pack is.

Pavel Checkov: SP4
At the end of the Activation phase, you may disable this card and place an Aux Power Token beside your ship to flip up to 2 of your disabled Shield Tokens (red) back to their Active sides (blue).

1. Can worked with the ship while it is cloaked? This would make sense with the cloaking ability of the HMS Bounty. But, from what I understand, when the shields are active, the ship can no longer be cloaked.

2. If not this purpose, is this an anti-projected stasis field card? That way you could reactivate at lease two shields. But, that would be very specific use case.

Anyway, I'm a bit stumped on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, just off the top of my head; Mr Scott allows you to Action: Disable 2 Shields to gain +2 Attack Dice, so I would say that Mr. Chehov would allow you to counter that shield disable. i'll have to look when I get home, see where else it might come in handy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Covert
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From the FAQ in regards to the Romulan Tech card Backup Sequencers, which are also able to flip disabled shields back to the active side:

Quote:
If a player chooses to raise a ship’s Shields, then the player must immediately remove the Cloak Token and will not gain any of the benefits from being cloaked.

So using Chekhov's ability on a cloaked ship will force it to lose the cloak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:
well, just off the top of my head; Mr Scott allows you to Action: Disable 2 Shields to gain +2 Attack Dice, so I would say that Mr. Chehov would allow you to counter that shield disable. i'll have to look when I get home, see where else it might come in handy...

There's the refit Enterprise's ship ability (which of course does the same thing), but the other big one is getting (some of) your shields back up after using a ganking card.
Still hard to justify spending four points on, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.